• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone able to get a live weather radar "layer" onto NAV map while tracking route?

colnago

Android Expert
Nov 17, 2009
It looked like I was able to create a "My Map" online with the Weather Channel and/or Accuweather.com as a "layer". I was able to add the Weather Channel as a "layer" on the phone's NAV map, but it returned an error stating there was a problem with the site coding or something.

I just thought it would be cool to be in NAV mode and have cloud cover update real time as you driving through, or into a storm. Would be even more useful if you were trying to slip in a training ride, and needed to know where the storm is in relation to your route, for those marginal days.

My Weather Mobile or My Mobile Weather, not sure what the correct name is, but the icon is a circle with a wavy line separating 2 halves, one side orange, the other white, has a nice radar view with optional satellite image. It may have blue dot for GPS marker, and I believe it actually uses Google Maps. I'm not sure if it tracks you while moving though, but the cloud cover seemed "real time".

Upvote 0
My Weather Mobile or My Mobile Weather, not sure what the correct name is, but the icon is a circle with a wavy line separating 2 halves, one side orange, the other white, has a nice radar view with optional satellite image. It may have blue dot for GPS marker, and I believe it actually uses Google Maps. I'm not sure if it tracks you while moving though, but the cloud cover seemed "real time".

It's a good app, but not exactly what the OP was asking for. I've not seen a layer for weather yet, but I thought it would be a cool thing as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones