• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone actually receive the Gingerbread update OTA?

Ho hum, did the manual update yesterday.. coulda waited & have Google do it 4 me...

What version does your's say it is Soupdragon??

Mine reports 2.3.3, GRI40..

Regards & thanks in advance...

I was very close to going manual and prob would have except we're away on hol for a coupleof days and my nexus obsession isn't always well appreciated :rolleyes:

The ota has given me the same as your's above, and my radio is now 5.08.

I do like the new look to it all. :cool:

Ooops, my absence has attracted attention, gtg !

Upvote 0
I got mine on Monday night. Here's what happened : I played angry birds and then I switched back to to home screen because the phone vibration caused me to exit the game, I suddenly saw the a little icon and noticed that it was the new gingerbread update, from all the excitement I accidentally hit the clear button and the icon/update disappeared. I started to panic but then I went into settings and saw that it was still there I clicked on it and I saw it downloading then it said it will restart in order to update, after it did that it came back on but nothing was changed. I checked the phone info and it still says 2.2.2! Was it supposed to happen like that? Did I mess up somewhere? PLEASE HELP!!! U.S. T-MOBILE.:thinking:

Upvote 0
I got mine on Monday night. Here's what happened : I played angry birds and then I switched back to to home screen because the phone vibration caused me to exit the game, I suddenly saw the a little icon and noticed that it was the new gingerbread update, from all the excitement I accidentally hit the clear button and the icon/update disappeared. I started to panic but then I went into settings and saw that it was still there I clicked on it and I saw it downloading then it said it will restart in order to update, after it did that it came back on but nothing was changed. I checked the phone info and it still says 2.2.2! Was it supposed to happen like that? Did I mess up somewhere? PLEASE HELP!!! U.S. T-MOBILE.:thinking:

Not to worry. Sometimes with alternate launchers, updates get confused when time to reboot and don't shut the phone down completely. You can wait a day or two and the update will appear on your phone again. This time when it tells you to reboot to complete the process, wait a few seconds before hitting the reboot button. It took me 4 attempts to apply one of the incremental 2.2 updates.

Or, you could just update manually. It's the exact same update.

How to Install Android 2.3.3 GingerBread on Nexus One [Guide, Download] | TechnoBolt

Reactions: Averroes
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones