1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General anyone been able to walk 300ft away to test the NFC?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BubbaNexus, Jan 25, 2012.

1. nkk

nkk Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2010
    :D
    I am the one who answered that question, and I half expected to be yelled at because of it. I figured I would just answer it so others who were wondering the same thing could have an answer.

-Nkk

Advertisement

2. PolishPauL

PolishPauL Member
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    Has anyone tested this headset to see how the NFC pairing works? Can bluetooth be off when using NFC to pair?

3. rnelsonee

rnelsonee Newbie
    None

Nov 21, 2011
  4. shane9666

shane9666 Lurker
    None

Jul 8, 2013
    I see @BubbaNexus's point, though, and think that hasn't really been addressed. Normal BT range is 33 feet and they are power class II devices. The Elite Flip is a power class I device, so it can hit ranges up to 300 feet .

If it was just marketing and its BT was actually just like every other headset, they would likely be liable for false advertising. One can arrive at that conclusion logically, because every company has always advertised the maximum range in ideal conditions; or empirically because, if it were like other headsets, you would find it drops out around 33 feet in ideal conditions.

It's not 300 feet because maximum range of a class I device can only be achieved when all connected devices are class I devices. Your phone, and most phones, are not BT class I. Note however, that having just one device be class I does appear to extend the range as the flip already has over twice the range of a normal headset.

Tags: