1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone Bump Charging The Rezound?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AeolianReflex, Apr 10, 2012.

1. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Android Enthusiast

OK coming from the original Incredible I am a bump charging junkie. It always gave me an extra 4 to 6 hours of up time and enabled me to get at least 20 hours on a charge. I would double bump it in the morning by turning it off and then charging until the LED would turn green while having my coffee, unplug and replug it in for another 15 or so minutes while I got dressed for work.
    When I try this with the Rez it never take more than 12 minutes for the LED to turn green and the second bump is over in about 3 minutes. I am getting about 11 to 12 hours of up time and about 4 hours of awake time before the LED turns yellow. Seems to be getting a little better every day. Is this a placebo or has anyone else experienced this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pat3332

pat3332 Well-Known Member

Here's a link to my favorite information about it.

Your battery gauge is lying to you (and it's not such a bad thing) - xda-developers

It's my understanding that bumping a new battery initially can give you better battery life through the day, but that continual bumping can be hard on your battery and cause it to shorten your overall battery life, causing you to have to buy a new battery sooner than normal. I'm not sure how much it shortens the overall life and since new standard batteries aren't very expensive and the Rezound allows you to change out your battery, the choice is up to you.

3. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Android Enthusiast

Hey Pat thanks for the link. I remember reading that article some time ago when I first got my Incredible. I am the type to replace my battery every 6 months or so, so the shortened life is not a big deal for me. But I was curious about the true effectiveness overall of bumping the Rez and if any other users are seeing the difference in overall uptime. Since the time it takes to bump the battery is so short I am wondering if it is really worth the trouble. I like using the Fastboot setting but I found with the Incredible after the 2.34 update that bump charging no longer worked while shutting down with Fastboot selected.

4. Blacklight82

Blacklight82 Well-Known Member

I've tried it and I don't think it is as effective as it was with the Incredible. Even after a bump charge, 100% - 90% still drops fairly quick(about 20 - 25 minutes) with moderate use.
    With my old Incredible, I was able to get at least another hour before it got down to 90%.

5. Drivembig

Drivembig Newbie

Any battery has a life cycle. Meaning that every time that you plug your phone to a charging device, then you just used one of its cycles, no matter how long you charge it for. That is why it is always recommended to always drain your battery fully before re charging it. Once the cycles are used up the battery is gone. So if you plug up your phone to charge it, make sure to charge it fully or you will be replacing the battery sooner.

6. hrbib21

hrbib21 Android Expert

I wouldnt worry about it. I have never had to replace a battery on any phone I've owned and I charge them all the time, even when I don't really need to. I charged my Incredible constantly throughout the day while at work while listening to TuneIn Pro. Battery is still just as good.

7. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

i tried it when i had my RZ and honestly i didn't see a difference. So after the first couple of times trying it i stopped. I was happy with the battery life i was getting anyways.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews