Hi I,m like you when i first started very confused and no idea how to root my branded DHD, but with the help of Xyro,Stub,El P,and the guide from Cubz I managed to root my DHD. The first thing to do if your phone is branded is to downgrade.Downgrade:
1. Create a goldcard:
1. Format SDCard to FAT32
2. Download Goldcard Helper
from Android Market
3. Open Goldcard Helper with the SDCard in the phone, and you will see the mmc2 reverse CID
Note: Do not use the Copy feature in the app as this will copy the wrong CID!
Alternate to the Goldcard helper app:
1. Open up a command prompt (Windows Key + R, type "CMD", press enter)
2. connect your phone as "charge only" and have usb debugging enabled
3. navigate the command prompt to the downgrade folder.
4. Type the following command:
adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc2/mmc2:*/cid
5. Select and copy the cid
4. Go to http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard
5. Enter your email address and the mmc2 reverse CID that is showing on the Goldcard Helper app then submit it
6. The img file will be emailed to you, download and save it somewhere you will remember
7. Download this hex editor - http://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD
8. Open HxD hex editor on your computer by right-clicking it and clicking 'Run as Administrator'
9. Mount your SD card to your computer, preferably using a card reader but you can use your phone as well
10. Go to 'Extra' menu > 'Open Disk'. Select Removable Disk (which should be your SD card) under Physical Disk
logical disk), uncheck 'Open as Readonly' and click OK
11. Go to the 'Extra' > 'Open Disk Image' and open the goldcard image downloaded in Step 6. . Select '512 (Hard disks/Floppy disks)' as the sector size when prompted and click OK
12. In the goldcard image tab, go to 'Edit' > 'Select All' and then 'Edit' >'Copy'
13. In the 'Removable Disk' tab, highlight offset (line) 00000000 to offset (line) 00000170 including the 00000170 line and go to 'Edit' menu > 'Paste Write'
14. Click 'File' > 'Save' and accept any warning that you get
2. Place the stock 1.32 PD98IMG.zip
on the root of your SDcard/Goldcard
4. Open the file in the folder named "RUN THIS FOR DOWNGRADE". The command prompt will opn and begin to do the adb steps for you.
Alternatively (If step 4 fails):
Run the below commands in CMD:
adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/misc_version
adb shell /data/local/tmp/misc_version -s 1.31.405.3
adb reboot bootloader
5. You should see a white bootloader screen, press the power button to enter the bootloader and it should automatically start to detect the PD98IMG.zip file.
6. You will see a blue progress bar on the right of the screen while the file is being checked. You should now be asked to confirm if you want to install this ROM, press 'Volume Up' to confirm. Wait patiently while the ROM is installed.
7. Once the installation is complete, press the 'power' button to restart your phone.
You have successfully downgraded to stock 1.32