• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone carrying Note 2 on their belt?

Upvote 0
I ordered this -

Couldnt wait for an Otterbox Defender (which are still not due to ship for a few more weeks)

I'll use the SPIGen Screen protector and this case with my Note 2

That's the reason I bought the seidio surface. I'm still buying the defender whenever otterbox chooses to release them but this one will get me used to wearing a small laptop on my belt;)

Upvote 0
Even the active case doesn't add much. Lots better than the otters

Yes - I agree - my hunch - the Seideo Active Case appears to a better choice if you want to place the Note 2 in the Samsung SmartDock - may not need to remove the bulky case is my hunch, since it appears thinner than the OtterBox Defender in the Micro USB slot region. (I'll report back)

http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung...-ks-case-holster-black-p/bd2-hk3ssgt2k-bk.htm

Seidio Active Case in the Holster
BD2-HK3SSGT2K-BK-2.jpg

And tilt Stand
45033d1352245115t-seidio-releases-surface-active-cases-samsung-galaxy-note-2-csk3ssgt2k-bk-4.jpg

Seidio Active Case No Holster
Seidio_Active_Note2.png

While the "too late to the party" Otterbox Defender seems to be just a tad too thick for docking.
sam2-galaxy-note-2-20-1.jpg

My thoughts are the Speidio Active case + SPIGEN Active Crystal Screen protectors
SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Crystal]
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009F25Z6S/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00

= Maximum protection and less risk of a cracked screen.

I never want to join the broken screen club:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...-i-start-new-club-gn2-broken-screen-club.html

Upvote 0
Got my Reiko leather belt case from Amazon. Paid less than $5 with shipping! Quality seems o.k. for now. The family says it doesn't look to bad or that much bigger. Here are pictures of the Note 2 size case, my Bionic case, and then the Note 2 case turned more under the arm. (Less than 3 weeks until I get my phone from Verizon...)

Attachments

• IMG_20121108_180824.jpg
    IMG_20121108_180824.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20121108_180912.jpg
    IMG_20121108_180912.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20121108_180849.jpg
    IMG_20121108_180849.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 159
Upvote 0
6ft tall. :)

The picture with it further under the arm is to show how you can try to hide such a big case.... ;)

Ohhhhh that's what you were doing with it. I'm on my phone and can't tell but from the pictures you posted last night, was the last one the Note? I don't know anyone who wears their case that far back to the side so I was hoping to see what it looked like more to the front.

Upvote 0
Well I finally joined the belt club! Just got the seidio surface case and holster this morning (thank you FedEx) and immediately put it on. I wrote a quick review in the master accessory list but I will say it carries well on the belt. The case is very thin and keeps the phone looking and feeling sleek. The holster keeps the phone very secure and holds it close to the body. Horizontally the phone sits flat and isn't as obvious as I imagined it would be. Today I'll be giving it the full field test and will update if I find anything negative but so far I'm happy.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
Just ordered the Surface combo. I'm still a little skeptical about wearing it on my belt/side, but if I end up not liking that, the case itself still looks great and from Seido's reputation, I'm sure it will do a great job protecting the phone.

It will trust me. I've been wearing mine since this morning and its awesome so far. Combine it with a sgp screen protector and you're all set.

Upvote 0
Well I finally joined the belt club! Just got the seidio surface case and holster this morning (thank you FedEx) and immediately put it on. I wrote a quick review in the master accessory list but I will say it carries well on the belt. The case is very thin and keeps the phone looking and feeling sleek. The holster keeps the phone very secure and holds it close to the body. Horizontally the phone sits flat and isn't as obvious as I imagined it would be. Today I'll be giving it the full field test and will update if I find anything negative but so far I'm happy.

Can't find review?? Link please

Upvote 0
Have had the Seidio Surface case for a few days now with the holster.

At first I though the holster was waaaay to big on the belt, but after a bit of time with it, it seems alright.

Certainly, the holster is very secure. I have no fear of the phone or the holster slipping off my belt. The quality of this case and holster is fantastic. It should be for the $60 I paid for it.

Upvote 0
How noble of you....how fast can you run? Bally's thoughts seem like snatch & grab. I've seen a lot of that & it's not just phones they're taking. By the time they've hauled ass with your stuff, you're still thinking.....wth just happened?

I know first hand how this feels like. I wasn't the victim, just a bystander who saw a snatch and grab, and before I can even process what was happen, I lost sight of the thief already. The victim took longer to process the information that her necklace has just been ripped off her neck. This happened in a very crowded street and there's nothing you can really do but look stupid for a while.

Upvote 0
^^^ Good Point Raised ^^^^

Those of you with the Seidio case and belt...

How easy/difficult would it be for someone to snatch it in a crowd?

My estimation is that it would not be very easy, but not impossible. The holster has a good grip on the belt, but I would think a forceful rip would remove it very quickly.

Upvote 0
I think the idea of carrying it on your belt is great. It will open up a world of opportunity to people who want to steal it and thus obtain a phone they could never hope to afford. Plus the possibility of impromptu "drop tests" :mad:

My Note II will be on my belt right where my iPhone 4S was - right next to my Glock 27. They are welcome to attempt getting my phone if they are all prayed up!;)

Reactions: Caesars
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones