• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone carrying Note 2 on their belt?

Don't bother with the seidio cases. The magnets interfere with the pen.

Really? I own a Seidio case and don't see any problems with the pen.

Seems nobody else is either. Still, interested in where you are finding a problem.

I wore it on a belt clip for a few days, then the belt clip broke and the phone fell three feet to the asphalt.
Was it a Seidio case? I am very happy with the holster that comes with the SURFACE. It seems very secure. I work in a very active environment and thus far I have never had the phone come unclipped.

Upvote 0
Get the surface. It's a hard shell. Perfect for pocket use.

I know Seidio has a good reputation, no doubt about it. But looking at this slim Surface shell, how would it be any better than TPU Gel case like a higher quality Mercury Slim fit? I'm not talking about those $1.99 TPU cases from eBay (I got one of those temporary on just until I figure out a permanent case) where its a cheap quality and hardly any wrap around screen-bumper protection. I actually ordered Mercury Slim fit from Amazon now just to try it out since I read a number of positive comments here in the forum and Amazon (plus I can always return it back at no cost). Since I don't care about kick stand, I'm just trying to decide if $35 Surface is that much better than $9 Mercury Slim fit. Any comments from those who used both?

Upvote 0

Seems nobody else is either. Still, interested in where you are finding a problem.

Was it a Seidio case? I am very happy with the holster that comes with the SURFACE. It seems very secure. I work in a very active environment and thus far I have never had the phone come unclipped.
I have the Seidio Surface case and the magnet doesn't cause any problems.

My only gripe is that the case isn't "grippy" and I'm sure one day it'll slip out of my hand. I ordered a Fly Grip to see if that will help me hold it more securely.

Upvote 0

It's not affecting most people, but there are more than a few having problems. If you're not one of them, then smile and forget about it. :)

Rather than post a bunch of links, let me say if you want to know more google up "Seidio s pen magnet".

Upvote 0
I have an Ionic protective case for my note 2, but I need a pouch that can hold the phone with the case on. I have a pouch right now that stands no chance to hold it with the ionic on it. I work at a cemetery so dirt gets in my pockets all the time while working so I like pouches because they keep my phone clean. Anyone know of any pouches with the belt loops and a clip that are big enough to solve my problem?

I got nothing.....

Upvote 0
I have an Ionic protective case for my note 2, but I need a pouch that can hold the phone with the case on. I have a pouch right now that stands no chance to hold it with the ionic on it. I work at a cemetery so dirt gets in my pockets all the time while working so I like pouches because they keep my phone clean. Anyone know of any pouches with the belt loops and a clip that are big enough to solve my problem?

This might be what you are looking for:)

Via ebay app....

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281018322357

Via web browser

: XXL Leahter Pouch Fits Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 w Otterbox Hybrid Case On | eBay

Upvote 0
I had convinced myself that my leather pouch on my belt wasn't that big. I got a reality check at the work Christmas party when one of my colleagues noticed it, and asked from across the room if I had a laptop on my belt.... Oh well. As long as my wife still thinks I'm hot, I don't care....:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
LMAOOOOO @ laptop on belt!!! :D
You may laugh, but I see nothing wrong with that picture,
or this one...

TabletBelt.png

lol

:)

Edit: by the way, whats inside the pouch is the prototype Galaxy Note 3 lol

TS out (getting a bigger belt)

Upvote 0
I had convinced myself that my leather pouch on my belt wasn't that big. I got a reality check at the work Christmas party when one of my colleagues noticed it, and asked from across the room if I had a laptop on my belt.... Oh well. As long as my wife still thinks I'm hot, I don't care....:smokingsomb:

When I got my DroidX a couple of years ago I heard the same thing but still carried it in a very nice leather case on my belt until I got my Note 2 this week and hooked it on there in a beautiful Piel Frama Magnum case with pride.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones