1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone come to the Fascinate from the Incredible? Opinions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Member110111, May 25, 2011.

1. Member110111

Member110111 Guest

I currently have an Incredible and have never had a problem. It's a great phone. I really want to try the Fascinate because of the bigger screen size and the Super AMOLED. I was planning on rooting and "de-binging" it.

Has anyone made this switch? If so, do you like the Fascinate as much or better than the Incredible?

I will still have my Incredible to switch back to so it won't be an all or nothing switch for me.

Should I give it a try?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

I think the general consensus is that the Dinc is a great phone. It's probably a lateral move. Bigger screen, though.

3. Member110111

Member110111 Guest

Yeah I know it won't be much better if it even is. I just want to make sure it isn't a downgrade before I drop the money on one to try out.

4. TheGreatClam

TheGreatClam Newbie

I made the switch. As long as you know you will need to root the phone the software will be close with the edge going to the incredible. However, the screen on the fascinate rocks and is worth it.

5. JMF_Droid

JMF_Droid Well-Known Member

They are pretty similar, minus the battery life. I also think the camera/video is better on the Fascinate. If you like your DInc & want a bigger screen, wouldn't the DInc 2 be the perfect fit? lol

6. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert

See my sig. End of story.

7. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

I have owned both the Incredible and the Fascinate. I think both are great, I would say root wise I still prefer the Incredible, just because of better options out there for ROMS. But the Fascinate is a real nice phone after being rooted.

Battery life for me was a lot better on the Fascinate than the Incredible, and I liked the bigger screen. I would say either phone is a good choice!

GrandMasterB likes this.
  8. Member110111

Member110111 Guest

It would, but I don't know of anywhere I can get one for $200 off contract like the Fascinate. And I don't want to waste my upgrade on the Inc 2.

9. HawaiianLaker

HawaiianLaker Well-Known Member

I also just went from the D-inc to the Fascinate(bought the SF off contract from a user on this forum) and I must say that I so very impressed by the SF. Bigger screen(4 vs 3.7), better screen(Samoled vs amoled), lighter, thinner, bettery battery life(1300mah to 1500mah) and better GPU(Cortex A8, same as iPhone4). Only real draw back to me is no decent GB rom yet. Other than that it is amazing and I plan to sell my Dinc soon. PS it needs Root.

10. Gevis

Gevis Android Enthusiast

Nevermind.

11. JE78

JE78 Android Enthusiast

I made the same switch, the bigger screen was the reason I made the switch, the SF is wider and made it much easier to type on.

12. Bman123

Bman123 Well-Known Member

I have a dinc now and I'm tossing up either the fascinate or Droid x, I'm after better battery life mostly

13. mac429

mac429 Lurker

I've been using the Fascinate now for a couple of days and I think I'm going back to my DINC. The battery life seems to be much worse on the SF. I've been playing with different radio files trying to find one that doesn't drain to zero in a matter of hours. So far EA28 seems to be the best but I'm getting ready to try DL09 next. The screen is nice but not that much different than the DINC. it's still pretty tough to see outdoors.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews