1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Anyone else feel kind of meh about the SGS3 now?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lock-N-Load, May 4, 2012.

1. Endocraft

Endocraft Newbie
    None

Mar 21, 2010
    Definitely gonna buy. The phone looks good to me (blue one), and the specs are awesome.

Camera picture comparisons show great improvements over an already decent shooter in the S2 (lol the guy saying 'same camera' just because it has the same MP count).

The Exynos leaves anything behind. Everyone says the screen looks amazing (those who don't said 'pentiles are bad because... hey its pentile, right?').

Bigger battery, SD card, etc. I would only add a texturized back cover, although I haven't held one personally.

Advertisement

2. matt0715

matt0715 Guest
    None
    Its going to be hard for future devices to beat out the s3 and one x, really how much better can phones get? I'm buying one of these 2 no matter what, which one is another story for later.

3. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    I think Samsung have really hit the sweet spot. There were some stupid rumours flying about before the official announcement which created a false bubble of expectation amongst people who care more about the specs than the actual use of these devices. I really hope that the disappointment caused by Samsung ignoring the more unrealistic expectations of people who don't really know what they need from a phone doesn't cause an unjustified negative feeling around the SGS3.

1080p screen? WHY? It's hard enough to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a small/medium TV let alone a phone!

12Mp Camera? NOnononono, only idiots equate MP with quality. We're much better served by a decent lens and good autofocus. The speed the new camera takes shots is ridiculously good - I'd much rather have an 8MP image of the action I was aiming at than a 12MP image of the same scene 0.2 seconds too late!

I'm very impressed that Samsung have managed to get a removable battery and SD slot into a case so slim and that they didn't save 0.2mm of thickness by giving up on two very useful features (Hello APPLE, HTC).

The Wolfson DAC answers one of the largest criticisms levelled at the SGS2 (poor quality sound and sounds bugs causing App compatibility problems)

The quad core processor is superbly fast and the GPU looks to be the best on the planet in initial tests. If it turns out that it beats the iPhone 4S in 3D then it really is something exceptional!

And finally - all the super duper spec in the world means nothing if the battery can only run it for 2 hrs in the real world. These devices are portable or they are nothing, getting the big battery in there is a MASSIVE win for Samsung. I think they can really clean up with this phone.

OH, as for looks? I don't care either way. I use an Otterbox Commuter case on my S2 and if I get an S3 (I've a long time left on my contract) I'll be getting one for that too. :)

Crafty, Android26 and Sandroidfan like this.
  4. Android26

Android26 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Well said Morat, well said!

Don't forget Motorola:p

5. Sinvex

Sinvex Lurker
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    I don't see any really good complaints here? You want something real to complain about how about the fact that it has NFC but 90% of its owners cant use google wallet, or that halfway through August theres still no wireless charging accessory out for it. Or you know... the mother of them all, the LOCKED BOOTLOADER. Which even in and of itself being the biggest taboo they've broached still doesn't matter that much as it was defeated before the thing even launched.

Most of what the OP is saying here is repetitive rage over nothing. So a phone got over-hyped. clearly this must be the first thing something's happened... ever... based on his level of shock and disgust.

Fanfare - Who cares.. really...

Fragmentation - Carrier's fault more-so than the manufacturer. Easily solved by spending 5 minutes on Google to learn how to upgrade your rom yourself; rather than waiting on your carrier to do it.

ZOMG MEGAPIXELZ?!? - Bigger numbers doesn't mean better pictures. If you believe otherwise there's really no hope for you.

Specs - What exactly is it you want this phone to be able to do that it can't due to hardware limitations? What phone CAN?

Shape/Design - It's a PHONE, what were you expecting, a wireless 4G LTE butt-plug/egg beater/communication device combination? Only thing I'd liked to have seen is a black one or dark gray. Not a huge fan of the blue/white.

How about price point? I'd say for what we are paying we're getting an amazing product. Go stack it up dollar for dollar against ANYTHING. Then come tell me you're still upset.

All in all it's a pretty damn good phone and while I'm still waiting for some of it's features to be unleashed I'm not seeing what there is to be so wound up about.

If there's someone to be angry with it's your carrier. Especially if you're with VZW

So at least learn what you're complaining about before you start a flame thread next time?

6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    check dates of thread, this is when it was announced not released

Android26 likes this.
  7. Sinvex

Sinvex Lurker
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    And yet 90% of the content still applies

8. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    i was pointing out that you are having a go at the op but he was making his comments based on what the CES and MWC was showing rather than factual information after release.
    looks like you revived the thread just to have a pop at him/her

Android26 likes this.
  9. Mr4X4

Mr4X4 Newbie
    None

Feb 4, 2012
    Electrician
    Montana
    Dr. Threadenstein... Bringing threads back to life... Lol