• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else get forced into buying 50 bucks worth of crap in order to buy an Evo at a sprint store

Did s/he work on commission?

I'm pretty sure she got commission. They were doing the same thing to 3 other people that were waiting inline. She said that if i did not buy a silicon case, car charger and the screen protector the computer would not let her sell it to me. She also said to come back some other day when they had the ones that did not require me to buy the accessories if i did not want to buy them.

Upvote 0
One of the workers told me i had to buy 50 bucks worth of accessories or they could not sell me one.

I'd call up sprint and report this. If it was a Sprint corporate store Im sure someone will be getting an earful at the least. If it was a Sprint partner store who knows. Sprint might offer you some sort of compensation.

Considering you recived a couple free batteries, which will come in handy, it might not be worth the trouble.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones