1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Anyone else hate the "new-er" android market?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Spykez, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Spykez

Spykez Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 8, 2011
    Ever since they redid the market I have a plethora of issues of not being able to connect to the market, ESPECIALLY if I'm on wifi. The transitioning seems to not be as smooth, buttons are harder to hit now cause the install/open/uninstall buttons are so darn close to each other.

I actually prefer the old style more and now i just use the web based version now.

Advertisement

2. dylo22

dylo22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. There are still lots of room for improvements. What phone do you have? On my droid x, the market runs smoothly.

3. Spykez

Spykez Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 8, 2011
    Droid 1 OC'd to 800mhz using cyanogenmod 7.I mean it doesn't act sluggish all the time but nothing like the old market used to do now that the market is all super flashy now.

4. Drhyde

Drhyde Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 23, 2009
    Kitchen prep...in hell...
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I too preferred the old market as well (pre-2.2 market). It was simple and effective. Sure the new appearance is nice along with the additional functionality, but it's buggy at times. They still need to work on it before it can compete with the App Store on iPhone.

5. operant

operant Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 7, 2011
    I don't hate it but theirs definitely room for improvement with stability and usability. Still, I have faith in google to improve it.

The problem is that they are trying to pack a ton of information of one page. Id love to see a tabbed app page so that information is spread out and easily found, and a better presentation of apps, a more responsive ui (am I the only person that finds the buttons that switch between free and paid apps har to click?), and finally a better presentation of featured apps.

6. aleopold

aleopold Lurker
    None

^ i tap the paid apps rather than the free every so often. but, i kinda write that off to using my thumbs, and i have semi-big hands/fingers i think..

7. operant

None

Mar 7, 2011
    Oh I have big fingers too but I'm able to use almost all apps without issue.. except for keyboards - I am yet to find myself the perfect keyboard.

8. aleopold

aleopold Lurker
    None

same 10char

9. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    I just hate the fact that GOOGLE still haven't found out how to put a good search engine for the market place.

10. operant

None

Mar 7, 2011
    I'd also like to point out that neither has iOS. If you really analyze the search results from both they're about equal - search prominence goes from title to description to tagging. I guarantee that google is looking into algorithms that they can implement to put into the market.

I guess the one real thing about iOS over android is genius for apps which gives you recommendations for apps using what you have downloaded in the past.

11. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    Pilates Instructor
    South of Boston, MA
    I actually prefer the newer market, and stopped using AppBrain because of it. The only thing I miss is the new listing on AppBrain, but since updating is through the real market, I got tired of using two programs for programs.

12. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert

Jan 24, 2011
    I search the market on the computer, note the apps I want, then download from the phone. A lot easier to see and search.
    Z