• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else have this problem (Facebook app locking up when commenting/typing?)

Hi guys,

Does anyone else have this problem? It happens almost every time for me and it is getting highly annoying. I'll be typing away on a Facebook comment and some time through the comment the keyboard (I'm using the default swipe keyboard) will stop entering text. They keyboard will act as if I am still typing, by responding to my touches, but the Facebook app won't actually enter the text.

I try and close the keyboard down with the back button, and it closes down, but then when I tap my entered text to bring the keyboard up again, it doesn't pop up and I am stuck.

To get it to work again I have to close the app, meaning posting my half complete/full of typos text, or losing it, meaning I have to type it all again.

It's an absolute pain in the ass, it seems to happen randomly at times, and almost always when I try and select a word with a double tap to edit it (because I've made and error.)

Does anyone else get this and how do I stop it? Will a simple reinstall repair this problem or is it a bug many are getting too?

I find the Facebook app to be wiggy/unpredictable and annoying in its anemic look and features.

Not a very positive review, I guess. :D

I am not making a recommendation, but I will tell you and anybody else that brings up these issues with that and a few other social networking widgets, that the S4 and Note and Note 2, etc browse and function great on those websites and no special app is needed unless the user is very much into being updated/synced all the time.

I use Boat browser.. others swear by Dolphin or this or that.. but the apps/widgets for Twitter and Facebook? Nah... maybe if I still had my Eris. :D

Meanwhile, you may want to try a data and cache clearing of the Facebook app, reboot and see if that helps for a while. Perhaps even an uninstall then reinstall of the app.

Upvote 0
This may be totally unrelated, but I was having similar issues on Nexus 7. I eventually determined that the issue occurred only when I had three specific programs active at once: Swiftkey, Nova Prime Launcher, and Facebook. Sometimes I would get this odd pattern, where the screen would seem to zoom in, and then it would lock.

On my S4, I am running Apex instead of Nova and have not had that problem again.

When Facebook's native app wigs on me, I use Friendcaster Pro (which I bought in the way back days, because Facebook had a halfway decent app on Android).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones