1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wesley12, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Wesley12

Wesley12 Member
    None

Apr 25, 2012
    I plugged my phone into my laptop to transfer Titanium Backup files to Google Drive. I turned my screen back on, and went to the app drawer and noticed a few of my apps were gone: Facebook Messenger, Words with Friends, and Wikipedia. Also, my two home screens were still there but they were empty of my widgets even though my widget apps weren't deleted.

My phone is rooted, nothing else but I doubt this would cause it. The only thing I can think of that would do this was a little bit ago, I redid all of my backups on Titanium Backup. But still, why would it only do a select few apps and not the rest that I downloaded. This has happened before (but not from redoing app backups) but this is the second time.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement

2. Watagump

Watagump Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    Male
    Orange County
    I had my home screen go blank this weekend, just did a phone restart and everything was there. I am not sure what caused everything to vanish.

3. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Male
    Disabled
    CT, USA
    When you plugged the phone into your laptop it probably mounted the sd card as usb storage making it unavailable to the phone. Any apps that were moved to the card would be affected. A reboot should fix the situation but you'll have to redo your home screen widgets afterwards. OB

Tags: