1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Anyone else have this SIM card problem?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KingDong, May 29, 2011.

1. KingDong

KingDong Android Enthusiast
    None

May 15, 2010
    London, England
    I've had my DHD for about 6 months now and I've recently started getting some problems, I would look at my phone and it would be fine one minute then when i look again it says my Sim card has not been detected and gives me an option to restart or shut down. It either comes back on and works perfectly or i have to keep taking out my SIM and reinserting it until it works (yesterday it took around 2 hours). I really can't live without my phone for two hours haha, another problem i've been having is that my phone has forgot my Google password as well as myself. Is there a way to change what my phones default Google account is so i can access the market again without deleting everything?

Advertisement

2. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnne Member
    None

May 10, 2011
    Self-Employed
    Ohio, USA
    As far as the first problem goes, it may be an issue with your sim card itself and not your phone. I've had the problem with various phones. What I had to do was get a new sim card from my provider, which cost between $5 and $10. How old is your sim card? This isn't always a factor though, as the one I just had to replace was only a year old, but it sometimes is.
    I'm not sure on how to help with the second problem other than getting on Google from a computer and requesting a new password with your Google Market account.

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    Have you tried the password recovery option on the gmail website?

4. KingDong

None

May 15, 2010
    London, England
    Yes. But i actually had my recovery email as @hotmail.com not .co.uk

5. dijon

dijon Member
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Technical Manager
    UK
    I had this exact same problem after the first few weeks of owning the phone.

My solution was simple: push the sim card into place and put some masking tape at the bottom to hold it in place.

Have not had the problem again in 6 months.

EDIT: I had to push the sim card in as far as it would go, before putting the tape on. This reduced the amount the card would slide about once the cover was back on. Hope this helps, I know how frustrating it is when you get back to the phone and wonder how long its been like that!!

6. KingDong

None

May 15, 2010
    London, England
    Haven't had the SIM card problem for a couple days now so that might be off my worries for a while. I've fixed the Google problem I've just had to reset my phone to factory settings.