• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else having a problem with Google Map Live Wallpaper?

smileman

Dec 23, 2010
London
One piece of bad news for 2.3.4 -- the update has done nothing to fix the problem with the Google Maps live wallpaper where a grey bar appears across the top and I can no longer get a closeup of my location (just a view of the world's map).

Anyone else experiencing this?

One piece of bad news for 2.3.4 -- the update has done nothing to fix the problem with the Google Maps live wallpaper where a grey bar appears across the top and I can no longer get a closeup of my location (just a view of the world's map).

Anyone else experiencing this?

i'm not certain i know what yer asking but i'll give it a try.
to get a close up you touch the screen at Btm on my fascinate and there appears a small slot containing a + or - sign.. then just touch the PLus and you can zoom in.. as for the google map being a screen saver,, welp i would be leary of that anyway.. open the map alone and you might find better choices.. open latitude also and then enter yer address if yer at home and let it use GPS to find your house,"""Do Not Use Verizons Location Services" use "Standalone GPS service and Google Location Service" located in the settings on your phones "Location & Security" settings
hope this helps as i said yer statement left a lot of unknows. have a good day..

Upvote 0
i'm not certain i know what yer asking but i'll give it a try.
to get a close up you touch the screen at Btm on my fascinate and there appears a small slot containing a + or - sign.. then just touch the PLus and you can zoom in.. as for the google map being a screen saver,, welp i would be leary of that anyway.. open the map alone and you might find better choices.. open latitude also and then enter yer address if yer at home and let it use GPS to find your house,"""Do Not Use Verizons Location Services" use "Standalone GPS service and Google Location Service" located in the settings on your phones "Location & Security" settings
hope this helps as i said yer statement left a lot of unknows. have a good day..

thanks for trying. unfortunately that's not the problem i'm having. and i haven't rooted my Nexus S so there is no way that i'm aware of to take a screen shot to show what my issue is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones