1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Anyone else having a problem with Google Map Live Wallpaper?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by smileman, May 5, 2011.

1. smileman

smileman Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    Student
    London
    One piece of bad news for 2.3.4 -- the update has done nothing to fix the problem with the Google Maps live wallpaper where a grey bar appears across the top and I can no longer get a closeup of my location (just a view of the world's map).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement

2. papa54

papa54 Lurker
    None

May 7, 2011

i'm not certain i know what yer asking but i'll give it a try.
    to get a close up you touch the screen at Btm on my fascinate and there appears a small slot containing a + or - sign.. then just touch the PLus and you can zoom in.. as for the google map being a screen saver,, welp i would be leary of that anyway.. open the map alone and you might find better choices.. open latitude also and then enter yer address if yer at home and let it use GPS to find your house,"""Do Not Use Verizons Location Services" use "Standalone GPS service and Google Location Service" located in the settings on your phones "Location & Security" settings
    hope this helps as i said yer statement left a lot of unknows. have a good day..

3. smileman

smileman Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    Student
    London
    thanks for trying. unfortunately that's not the problem i'm having. and i haven't rooted my Nexus S so there is no way that i'm aware of to take a screen shot to show what my issue is.