1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Anyone else having issues with dropped calls on the Eris?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gadgetmom88, Nov 20, 2009.

1. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 23, 2009
    Statistician/Nerd
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I had Verizon about 2 years ago before I switched to AT&T for the iPhone. I can't remember ever having issues with dropped calls before, and that's what made me come back to Verizon from AT&T. However, since I'm back I'm having all kinds of trouble with dropped calls. I'm dropping 1-2 calls a day. Is anyone else having this trouble? Also, I find I'm rarely seeing more than 1-2 bars of service, especially indoors. What gives? I know Verizon has the best coverage in my area, so is it the phone, or just my phone?

Advertisement

2. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    i really think you got a lemon gadgetmom. i have not had 1 dropped call yet.

3. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    Firefighter
    Gettysburg, PA
    I've noticed that service with my Eris is much poorer than my last couple LG phones on Verizon.

4. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Android Expert
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
    Service is poorer or the number of bars shown is poorer?

There is a known issue with the signal meter displayed not being accurate, being fixed during the Dec (or Jan forget which one) software update.

@ Gadgetmom - no dropped calls here. Dropped BT connections, yes. But no dropped calls.

5. bbrad

bbrad Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    I have noticed the Eris has dropped calls on me too. My BB Pearl didn't do that. I sometimes hear connection noise and static in some calls with the Eris. Never had that with other phones.

6. jlevy73

jlevy73 Newbie
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    The Eris has better cell phone reception than any VZW phone I have had. Granted I live in Los Angeles but on my normal commute there is one dead spot that always drops my call. The Eris has yet to drop one call.

7. Fathawk

Fathawk Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    I was in Vegas last week and had problems with every other call dropping due to "Signal Fade" when I showed a perfect signal as far as the handset knew.

I have also had people call me and I did not receive the calls, did it in my house with my wifes phine and the Eris didn't even ring.

8. Squirrel

Squirrel Member
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I know these posts are older, but I am having some problems with dropped calls in areas where I normally wouldn't have a problem. I had 3 yesterday that told me "signal faded." My old LG is consistenly showing more bars for service. It is only my 2nd day with the phone, so I need to give it some more time. Updating the cell towers is *221, right? Great phone though.

9. Gdwheel

Gdwheel Member
    None

Nov 22, 2009
    I have had the "signal faded" problem too. It has occurred in areas where the signal is not terribly strong, but other phones hold the signal.

10. Squirrel

Squirrel Member
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I am bummed about this. I updated the towers (*228), so hopefully I will see improvement tomorrow. I will keep my LG with me and compare bars throughout the day.

11. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Android Expert
    None

I'll often drop to no bars, but I haven't had any service issues or dropped calls. My signal strength indicator fluctuates a lot.