1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone else having issues with LG G4 battery out of nowhere?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Bhope, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Bhope

Bhope Lurker

Okay so I'm new to this forum, so if setting up a thread this way is wrong or weird, forgive me. I found this site while looking for help about my battery, and I do need help desperately!

The details: newly running Marshmallow on my LG G4. The device is "new" (a 1 month old replacement) because my last G4 developed an issue with the front facing screen. They just replaced the phone. I've had no issues with this phone except for the past few days, when all of the sudden, my phone has stopped charging to completion. Before the last few days, I could plug my phone up and have my phone charged to 100% in about an hour and a half. My phone would last up to 12 hours if I hadn't watched any videos during that time period.

*Nothing about the way I use my phone has changed in the last month, and this problem is new to the last few days
    *I turn off my phone daily, letting it rest for at least 5 minutes when I do this
    *I have taken out the battery, the SIM card and the SD card in attempt to solve this problem
    *I have cleaned the gold prongs on the battery and on the phone
    *I have recently transferred quite a few of my media files off of my phone onto Google Drive, so there is plenty of free space on my device
    *I have always been careful not to charge my phone until it's dead. I'm not one of those that leaves it plugged in all the time
    *Per my task manager, the thing eating up all my battery is the screen, which is set to auto brightness
    *Even when I turn my phone off to charge, it's charging one percent every 20 minutes or so
    *I have downloaded several different apps to scan for viruses (in case one missed a virus that another caught) and they've all come up clean
    *I tried several battery-saving apps and none of them made a difference, other than sending me constant notifications which I feel probably drained my battery more

-I welcome any and all suggestions ASIDE from "wipe the phone." I know that's an option, but surely that's not the ONLY option. I feel like people only ever suggest "turn it off" and "wipe the phone." I'm really hoping there's another way.

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download