• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else having problems with animations?

I only noticed this problem in the last week or so. My onscreen animations appeared out of nowhere (I had them turned off) and I can't get rid of them. I've gone into settings and turned them back on. Then I turned it to 'some', then went back in later and tried to turn them back to off. But nothing is working, they're on and I don't know why?

It wouldn't be a big deal, but they irritate the hell out of me. That and... well I have them turned off so I don't know why they are on. Is this some sort of compatibility issue with Launcher Pro Plus perhaps? I don't have to go into something else to turn them off do I? They weren't on before about a week ago. I still don't know why they just showed up all of a sudden.

BTW, yes I've don mulitple reboots, battery pulls, all that crap. The only thing I haven't tried is a hard reset. I don't want to have to do that. I shouldn't have to do that I wouldn't think. And no, I can't think of anything I did that might have caused it. Haven't really added many apps lately. Updated old ones. But not many new ones.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones