• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ANyone else having problems with Go Launcher Ex?

falkner09

Oct 5, 2010
I'm having a problem that causes it to lose the icons of apps on my homescreen, but not the app drawer. it seems to happen to only certain apps, but I'm not sure why only those.

I'm wondering because it started on the day that I rooted my phone, AND the app was updated. So I'm trying to figure out which one the cause is.

I'm having a problem that causes it to lose the icons of apps on my homescreen, but not the app drawer. it seems to happen to only certain apps, but I'm not sure why only those.

I'm wondering because it started on the day that I rooted my phone, AND the app was updated. So I'm trying to figure out which one the cause is.

uninstall and reinstall the app, and try it again.

Upvote 0
I use GO Launcher back-up when I change anything. If something gets lost I just do GO restore. That use to happen to me on earlier versions, but seems to be OK now. I have many icons on 7 screens, most are custom from a photo in Quickpic, or transparent ones I downloaded. Haven't had the problem in a couple months. GO is not moved to SD.

Upvote 0
ok, it's definitely not because I'm rooted. I updated Go Launcher on my non-rooted tablet and another phone I have lying around that's also not rooted, and both are having the exact same problem with "loading" icons.

oddly enough though, there seems to be no pattern between which icons get screwed up on the devices; when it happens to an app's icon, nothing can fix it, including updating the app, removing it from the screen then re-adding it, or even uninstalling then re-installing, nor rebooting the device at any time during these processes.

I emailed the devs a couple days ago, but no reply yet. there have been several Go Launcher updates lately but still no fix. weird... is it possible that some other app is causing this that's common to all 3 of my devices?

Upvote 0
I have those both checked, but it didnt fix the problem. however, I did decide to try removing the broken link icons and re-adding the apps to the same spots again, on one of my devices at least. 2 days on, and no links have broken yet, although I haven't rebooted yet so we'll see what happens then.

the other two still have the problem. oddly enough, while the one i'm using often had app shortcuts that wouldn't load the icon, but would launch the app when I tapped them, the other two appear to alwasy be unable to find the apps when the "loading" icon appears, always telling me it "can't be found, try to restart go launcher." I also worry that those two devices may have lost the apps entirely, because when I switched to another launcher on them, I still couldn't find the apps in question, on the home screen or even in the apps drawer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones