1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Anyone else having problems with streaming podcasts since upgrading to 4.3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jrsharp21, Jan 13, 2014.

1. jrsharp21

jrsharp21 Member
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    Since upgrading to 4.3, I have been having nothing but problems with streaming podcasts. I am able to start up the stream but they usually stop 30-40 minutes into the podcast. I have several different podcasts I stream on different apps and the same thing happens on all of them. Before the upgrade I had no issues at all. I have unlimited data so not sure that plays into anything. I have tried deleting the apps and downloading them again and nothing seems to improve it. They always stop at some point in the podcast. I try moving the podcast past the point it stops at and it won't let me play anything past the point it stops.

Anyone have any ideas? This upgrade to 4.3 is starting to make me dread my S3. I am getting to the point where I am ready to change back to the ease and simplicity of an iPhone.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    You could just flash the old stock ROM back. (See SamMobile Firmwares)

This is one reason I always wait a few months before accepting an update. If KitKat for the Note 3 works out, I'll probably be updating around June or July, even though the scheduled release date (rumor) is around March. I may not have all the new things, but my phone works.

3. mydian

mydian Android Expert

Apr 8, 2012
    Male
    2-Way Radio Repair Technician
    Chicagoland
    If you update to 4.3 OTA (over the air) you can't downgrade to an older firmware. IT WILL BRICK THE PHONE due to the new boot loader. No offense and I know you're just trying to help but please be careful giving advice like that since you don't have this phone and must not know what's going on with our new update.

Sorry I can't be of more help about the actual issue.

funkylogik likes this.
  4. jrsharp21

jrsharp21 Member
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    Just did a factory reset. Listened to a podcast and I thought I was going to make it though and about 25 minutes into it it stops playing. Its almost like any podcast it will stop playing around that 25 minute mark. Could there be a setting that I am unaware of that is making it shut off around 25 minutes.