• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else having problems with SwiftKey not being default?

RoarOfZonda

Jul 25, 2012
Hey everyone
Everytime I restart my phone the default keyboard is automatically the Samsung keyboard and I would have to change it to SwiftKey. Is there not a way to permanantly make SwiftKey my default keyboard so I wouldn't have to keep changing it every time I restart my phone??

AT&T S3 here..........

Ya...same thing:(

You go into (or try to go) "language and input" and it won't even open up!!

Have had nothing but bugs, and more bugs since the update. Even did a factory reset twice. Had a perfectly functioning S3 setup the way i loved it running ICS and now.......... should have never done the upgrade :(

I am searching for a way to revert backwards now...............

OH..........and BTW.............i also use a Nexus 10 tablet that has Jelly Bean 4.2.1 and Swiftkey works flawlessly on that..................come on AT&T................

Upvote 0
AT&T S3 here..........

Ya...same thing:(

You go into (or try to go) "language and input" and it won't even open up!!

Have had nothing but bugs, and more bugs since the update. Even did a factory reset twice. Had a perfectly functioning S3 setup the way i loved it running ICS and now.......... should have never done the upgrade :(

I am searching for a way to revert backwards now...............

OH..........and BTW.............i also use a Nexus 10 tablet that has Jelly Bean 4.2.1 and Swiftkey works flawlessly on that..................come on AT&T................

Oh wow, yeah well my phone doesn't have nearly as much bugs as yours (I'm also ATT S3), just whenever I restart the phone the keyboard goes back to default Samsung keyboard.
Also, yeah this update is really pissing me off too because now Ican't have Flash properly............................. I loved flash. I did download the APK, but Dolphin Browser doesn't support it >< only Firefox

Upvote 0
Lenny - you can download the firmware from samsmobile and flash with odin to go back to its.

I believe if you have a rooted phone there is a fix available.

Yeah.............i am not rooted anymore because of the Jelly Bean. Another irritant....lol

I have been using the S3 Toolkit from Mskip on XDA. He is working on an update. Kinda going to wait fro that.

Guess we all complained about an update and now we get what we wanted...............lmao

Way to go AT&T...........

Upvote 0
Is there any particular settings triggering this issue? I use SwiftKey as well but that problem you are having does not happen to me.

Now that is weird. I opened up the Gmail app and started looking around the stock keyboard and pressing buttons. All of a sudden the Swiftkey 3 keyboard is an option. I can now go into language and input. It opens fine and everything is back to normal.

Only one issue however...............i have NO idea what the heck i did to fix things. I did restart the phone prior to messing with the Gmail keyboard. ??????????????????????????????

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones