1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Anyone else having problems with Users?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Keith Smith, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Keith Smith

Keith Smith Newbie
    None

Dec 21, 2014
    Male
    Hi All
    My Nexus 4 updated nicely to both 5 and 5.0.1. Yesterday, I set up a 'work' account on my phone so pictures and emails were separate. Problems was that I then did not get text or call notifications. As a volunteer (Lowland Search and Rescue) I use an app to set off an air raid siren to warn of a callout. This did not go off, noticing the text message 15mins later I set off, 15minutes into my hour journey I then missed another text to say the person had been found, 45mins of driving later I turn up to find I am on my own. I could not call home, so I rebooted and it was ok for a little while. But again missed a Callout text message and a few from my wife. Having removed the new user it appears ok again.

Is this a known issue or am I making 2+2=5?

Advertisement

2. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you!
    Administrator

Mar 26, 2008
    Androiding
    Did you reboot your phone after adding the new user? Just a hunch, but if not, perhaps the app accounts/settings for text message, dialer, etc... were cached? Curious if you're still having the problem or if this was a one time thing- let us know!

3. Keith Smith

Keith Smith Newbie
    None

Dec 21, 2014
    Male
    I did not reboot until I found the problem, I rebooted then it was fine for a few hours then stopped again. I have taken the new user off now (and rebooted) seems fine again now.