1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone else having Samsung TTS/Navigation problems?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by (G), Nov 26, 2011.

1. (G)

(G) Android Expert

I switched the text-to-speech voice on my S2 to the Samsung TTS engine because the voice sounded more pleasant, and when I went into Navigation I was getting some mighty strange directions.

It was as if the voice engine was reading some of the programming. I'd hear stuff like:

"xml equals version one point zero. xml voice equals zero. w-w-w..." and it would continue for a minute before it ended with "in one quarter mile, turn left."

The Pico TTS engine seemed fine, though.

Anyone else notice that?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. t90

t90 Newbie

Known issue with the Samsung TTS engine.. Picco works as well as Svox without problems...

(G) likes this.
  3. shayaknyc

shayaknyc Lurker

How'd you get the svox to work on google nav? I have svox installed, android language set to English (United States) and have US Grace voice installed. All legit and paid for. SVOX Voice works with all other TTS apps, but navigation defaults to non-SVOX voice. Just tells me to turn when approaching the turn, and doesn't read street names like on my Atrix 4G (now have SGS2 Skyrocket).

This is so strange...any help would be most appreciated....

--S

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews