1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Anyone else having syncing issues with Google applications?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by firefox73, May 6, 2012.

1. firefox73

firefox73 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    Hi all

I've a stock UK TF201running 2.6.39.4-00003 - xxxxx

My tablet used to update everything really swiftly and check the registered email account regularly. However, for the last 8 weeks or so, my calander hasn't updated and emails come through as and when. Quite often Gmail closes of it's own accord on opening with an error message allowing me to report it. I've been sending these off regularly but no remedy has been forwarded.

When I look at the "Account & Sync" page under settings, I see taht the Google account has a red sync circle by it instead of a green one (as I have on the Skype below it). Tapping on the @gmail.com account shows "Sync Browser", "Sync Calander", "Sync Contacts" and "Sync Gmail" all with a apostrophe by them and a check mark ticked. "Sync Google Photos" and "Sync Picsa Web Albums" however do not have a syncy symbol or the apostrophe but do have the checked symbol. At the bottom of the page almost like a note, there is the sync symbol with an apostrophe and the message "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly".

Does anyone else have this or know how to rectify it? I've looked through the web and a number of phones running Gingerbread say to enable background data to get rid of this. I'm on ICS and this option is not available.

As another diagnostic test, I tried adding another gmail account that I have. This also shows exactly the same symptoms as my existing google account "experiencing problems back shortly" message.

It is very frustrating and I really don't think that Google are going to provide a solution seeing as it's been ongoing for over 2 months and they haven't even acknowledged this as a problem. Having said that, it may just be that some of my settings need amending or something.

Desperate for your advice and suggestions.

Regards

Firefox

Advertisement