• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else having this issue

sookieball

Dec 24, 2010
So my data connection keeps dissapearing completely.
No 1x or 4g and the only way i can get it back on(1x & 4g) is to
Either turn on/off airplane mode.
Which usually only gets 1x back on.
And even the anycut lte test thing wont turn on the 4g.
Or if the 4g wont turn on at all i have to restart the fone.

Wtf? This has been happening since the crash the other day where everyones data went down.

Any thoughts?

ive been having the same problem since friday morning here in L.A.... last night i just spoke to a metro tech. and i was told they were working hard (or hardly working) on a fix which seems to be software related... i was advised to go into a corporate store to try and get some kind of credit on my account since i already paid for the $60 service... anyway, he said the update would come anywhere within a few days or a few weeks... just last month the samsung craft received a software update for supposedly having the same no 4G/1X issue....

Upvote 0
Best way to "re-enable" data is to make a quick phone call. It doesnt have to be a real call, just call "8" and wait for the screen to turn green and the timer to hit 2 seconds then hang up. It will toggle the hidden on switch for LTE

You could have posted in one of the many other threads on this issue like http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-indulge/288563-4g-not-working.html

Upvote 0
So my data connection keeps dissapearing completely.
No 1x or 4g and the only way i can get it back on(1x & 4g) is to
Either turn on/off airplane mode.
Which usually only gets 1x back on.
And even the anycut lte test thing wont turn on the 4g.
Or if the 4g wont turn on at all i have to restart the fone.

Wtf? This has been happening since the crash the other day where everyones data went down.

Any thoughts?

Been having the issue since day one of owning the phone. If they cant fix it Ill be leaving metro and probably going tmobile, even though they cost way more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones