• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else not being able to sample music?

I just played a song preview on my Maxx and it worked fine.

Is it the same song that gives the exclamation point? It may be that there is some reason why it can't be previewed. I'd try some more songs (from a different artist or album) to see if it happens on everything you try.

If it happens on every song that you try, what I would try is to go into settings / apps, scroll down to Google Play Store and tap it, and tap "clear data". Go back into the Play Store - it will ask you to accept terms again - and see if that works. If not, go into the same place (settings / apps, tap Google Play Store) and this time tap the button "Uninstall updates". Try going in to the Play Store again (it should look different) and see if it works then.

Upvote 0
Is anyone getting this error? I'll post a photo to show what it's doing. It's giving me this exclamation point whenever I try to listen to anything. This is on my nexus 7 with kitkat 4.4.4 I get the same exact error on my Droid Maxx also sporting 4.4.4

Attachments

• 1410154240552.jpg
    1410154240552.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0
If it's happening on both devices, I suspect something is up with your google account. Try adding another Google account and switch the play store to that account (when you open the play store app tap the menu control top left and there is a drop-down at the top to switch accounts) and see if you can preview with the new account.

Upvote 0
Thank you for responding. I don't really want to make a new account. I will to test everything out, but if the new account works, I don't want to switch because all my purchases and downloads are on my google account that I have been using forever. I have no idea what is going on. I will try your suggestion now. Ok, I signed in with another google account and it is still doing it. I have tried looking this error up on google and can't find a thing about it. Times like this I really miss my iPhone. Absolutely no issues with that. :( Ok, hold on. I selected my other account, stopped the store from running, deleted the cache and other stuff, went back to it and it signed me into the account with issues. Let me try this again.

Upvote 0
Ok, I deleted every single Google account from my device. I had my default one, and the two other ones. I deleted them all. Signed back in with my default one. Same song and same story. Still cannot play music from the store. I don't think it has to do with the stuff I disabled. Only google apps I disabled are: Google Pinyin Input, Play books (I use Kindle), Play games (don't think I need it), Play Movies and TV (don't watch movies on my phone), Newstand, and Hangouts (which I have no idea what that is). I have also disabled Motorola Connect, but I don't think that has anything to do with the Play Store. And Migrate, another app I have no idea of its use. The rest is all Verizon bloatware, Amazon, Amazon Appstore, Audible, Droid Zap, and Email (which I don't use since I have gmail).

Upvote 0
I'd start enabling apps and see if one of them fixes it. I've disabled play books, but I do have Hangouts, newsstand , play movie and TV, and pinyin input enabled. Moto connect and migrate I also have disabled, and Droid zapp, plus a few other verizon apps, and most of the Amazon apps.

But, do it one at a time, and check the play store for updates, then try previewing music again.

Also, are you still having the issue on the nexus tablet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones