1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone else rooted suffering problems with the OTA update??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SB13X, May 17, 2011.

1. SB13X

SB13X Android Expert

Apparently this is an issue many are suffering after going permroot Radio S-OFF, supercid and simunlock and installing ClockworkMod Recovery. When attempting to install the update the screen just stops at the exclamation mark of doom. Anyone found a solution as I'm at the end of my tether and looking to go onto Radroids prerooted stock rom.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Not sure what you mean Stu... I thought that OTA updates were only for stock ROMs?? :thinking:

3. freestyle_gus

freestyle_gus Newbie

Pretty much everything I've read on rooting suggests it is a REALLY bad idea to attempt an official OTA update from HTC. Though I'm surprised your phone can find one with the CID changed.

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

If it's anything like my previous HTC phone, the OTA update can only be flashed by the stock recovery menu. Everyone with a custom recovery menu ran into problems.

On the bright side, you're so close to running a custom ROM Stu - give in and join us!

5. SB13X

SB13X Android Expert

Have done running Seraphics Super User oriented but as close to stock ROM as possible as it comes pre rooted and pre busyboxed.

[ROM] Stock-rooted Gingerbread (2.36.405.8) and Seraphic custom 0.3 - xda-developers

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews