• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else thinking of waiting for the 3.0 devices?

No mention of LTE, but 2GHz processor, etc. Interestingly, a 4.3" AMOLED screen with 340 dpi. So why have to choose between high rez or large display?!

I'm SO getting my X with a 1 year contract... :D

Samsung Galaxy S2

Thats another "I'll see it when I believe it"

You think the EVO has battery problems? Imagine sucking down up to 2x the power up to 2x as fast. No thanks...

Upvote 0
No mention of LTE, but 2GHz processor, etc. Interestingly, a 4.3" AMOLED screen with 340 dpi. So why have to choose between high rez or large display?!

I'm SO getting my X with a 1 year contract... :D

Samsung Galaxy S2

Like someone pointed out to me in another thread, if you have a single phone or the main number in a family plan, as long as your plan is over $49.99 a month, you're eligible for an upgrade every year at the discounted price.

Click on Annual Upgrade:
https://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Wireless Service/faq_worry_free_guarantee.html

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
$50 plan means voice only or voice + data?

Voice only. Here's the excerpt from their site:
You must be registered for My Verizon, be on a calling plan of $49.99 or higher and have completed at least 1 year of a 2-year contract and agree to renew for an additional 2 years in order to get a new phone at a promotional price. It

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones