• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else unable to reach Verizon Software Update server?

rkrasny

Jul 17, 2010
I have a verizon droid x running 2.1 that is rooted. For the last 3-4 days I have been able to access the vzw software update server (settings/about phone/software update) - whenever I do this I get the droid version of the endless hourglass and it never connects to the server to return the usual message that "your software is up to date" (or in fantasy-world, "froyo is ready for you to install, you lucky phone owner, press a button..."

This did NOT occur after I rooted the phone and seems to be unrelated to anything I did. I do not have any frozen or removed apps and apart from the rooting and few assorted root related apps, I am not doing anything that would affect this function (to my knowledge).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones