1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General anyone else using the stock android music player?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmt9779, Nov 18, 2011.

1. jmt9779

jmt9779 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 4, 2010
    NYC
    just curious...

i used to use winamp on my old phone but i'm trying to keep it simple on my razr - i usually shuffle every song on my phone anyway, or i'll just listen to everything i have by a single band at a time. (i typically listen to slacker radio when i have a data connection and i'll switch to my stored mp3's when i'm on a subway underground.)

anyone know if it's possible to customize which album art it pulls for the "music home page"?...mine seems to have picked a handful of the ugliest ones. heh.

anyway, just a lazy afternoon round here - wanted to maybe open a little discussion on this.

(feel free to post your thoughts about the stock music player, winamp, or whatever else you guys are using :) )

Advertisement

2. teardropcity

teardropcity Newbie
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    i get paid to rock the nation
    Olympia WA,
    I use Poweramp when listening to my own mp3 collection, however I really like that the RAZR music app, incorporates podcasts and internet radio into it. I used to have a separate app just to get a specific podcast, and now I can just get it from the music app. This is the kind of "added value" improvements that manufacturers should be adding to Android

Rico ANDROID and jmt9779 like this.
  3. jmt9779

None

Jan 4, 2010
    NYC
    ahh, good point. i didn't even realize that the "stock" music app on the razr is part of blur.

4. bobcatpilot

bobcatpilot Newbie
    None

May 14, 2010
    I played with it a little bit streaming from my home laptop via Motocast. It played well; just had about 5 seconds of lag between songs.

5. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member
    None

Use mixzing, wanted to like stock especially the podcast feature but you can't get any BBC podcasts and that's mostly what I listen to.

Great idea with the internet stations but mixzing folk it is for me

6. Chi-TownTx

Chi-TownTx Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    Been playing with stock and it does have one cool thing i have noticed. When playing songs and the phone is powered down when you hit the power button to awake it you can control it via the lock screen. Kinda cool being able to switch songs, pause etc without having to even swipe the unlock on the phone.

7. jmt9779

None

Jan 4, 2010
    NYC
    agreed. the first time i saw that, i think i might have even said aloud, "awesome!" heh.

8. jroc

jroc Android Expert
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    Using power amp. I do like the way the stock player does the lyrics tho. I just like the advance to previous/next folder option on power amp for the widget.

9. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Android Expert

Mar 10, 2011
    Streaker By Birff
    In Cell Phone SIMetery
    PowerAmp's been my player of choice since day 1. I like the interfacing , playlist options, the works! I dont think I've ever fired up the stock player (on purpose)

10. drkeng

drkeng Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2010
    anyone using google music?
    just copying songs on my laptop; played a little on my Dinc; seems pretty cool, almost itunes like.

11. milkshed27

milkshed27 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 15, 2009
    M.I. Y.E.Y.O.
    I usually go with the stock music players for the simplicity but I found the player on the Razr to be surprisingly poor sounding. It surprised me because I enjoyed the sound of my OG Droid and also the Bionic--minus the static interference.

Poweramp, in my opinion, sounds superior to the stock player.

Not to mention Poweramp has a real equalizer, a pre-amp, fade, crossfade, gapless play, headset controls, a better lockscreen widget, a more polished UI and ton more settings that I can't even remember at the moment...

jmt9779 and jroc like this.