• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else wished they'd waited now?

I dont think the legend is enough of a spec jump to be that fussed about. Same CPU, same resolution screen (albeit OLED).

Now, the bravo, on the other hand... mmmmmm.

Having said that i'm still happy to hold onto my hero for at least another year - IMO if you upgrade every generation you'll never see any really significant spec increases. This time next year the 2011 portfolio will be out...

Upvote 0
If you go in with this attitude you'll never buy any tech ever. There's always something newer and/or better around the corner.

The Hero was the best phone on the market when it came out and of course that won't always stay that way.

Do you expect HTC to say "Hero's great, let's not develop anything now"? Of course not, because you can't halt progress. The Hero is due an Android 2.0 update soon which could arguably still make it the best Android handset on the market for some time anyway.

Upvote 0
I dont think the legend is enough of a spec jump to be that fussed about. Same CPU, same resolution screen (albeit OLED).

Now, the bravo, on the other hand... mmmmmm.

Having said that i'm still happy to hold onto my hero for at least another year - IMO if you upgrade every generation you'll never see any really significant spec increases. This time next year the 2011 portfolio will be out...

well the leak states that the Legend will have 600mhz processor and camera flash... ie things they should have put in the Hero in the first place. The hero hasn't even been out for 6 months. I'm not bothered about the Bravo, it looks big and ugly and would probably be too expensive for me.

edit: fm radio!!

Upvote 0
Answer: Buy sim free phone with a sim only contract that's shorter with better inclusives
Can upgrade your phone whenever you like then, admittedly it's a bigger outlay upfront but for me the benefits outweigh the negatives
I've got a hero and when legend/bravo are out, I'll flog the hero and buy one of those

Upvote 0
I got mine during its release date. If you have this mind frame u will never be satisfied bc there's always something around the corner. When my contract ends in about 18 months there will be something better than the bravo,expresso, and any other kinda oh...beside the hero is amazing and will only get better w updates. If I was to buy now tho, then I may wait....stuck in the middle

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones