• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else's auto-rotate screen not reliable?

Yeah, I've been having problems too since the Froyo update. I guess the way I hold my phone tends to cause it to rotate to landscape mode even though I actually want it in portrait mode. But it wasn't an issue prior to Froyo for some reason. For now, I've disabled the auto-rotate function entirely on my phone.

Upvote 0
I made mention of this issue in another thread a week or so ago......i hate having to shake the phone to get it to recognize which way I'm holding it. Something I've noticed is that often times which ever way I was holding the phone the last time I used an application is how it will re-open. For example: if I was using Handcent in landscape and I close the app, it will re-open in landscape the next time I use it.

Upvote 0
I made mention of this issue in another thread a week or so ago......i hate having to shake the phone to get it to recognize which way I'm holding it. Something I've noticed is that often times which ever way I was holding the phone the last time I used an application is how it will re-open. For example: if I was using Handcent in landscape and I close the app, it will re-open in landscape the next time I use it.

I had this problem for weeks and finally I ended up doing a factory reset, pretty much entirely for this problem. I didn't have any other problems and I hated to go through the trouble for one little problem. It has helped a great deal and wasn't as traumatizing as I thought it would be lol. I did notice that if I left gmail for example, with the screen horizontal, it would be horizontal when I went back to it. I notice that to a very slight degree still, but it's much better than it was.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones