1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Anyone else's phone overheating?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vcanfield, Mar 28, 2011.

1. vcanfield

vcanfield Lurker
    None

Mar 2, 2011
    I haven't added one app to my phone, the wifi and bluetooth are turned off, I don't play games or get on the Internet for more than a few minutes. But every few days my phone gets really hot. Like bottom of a laptop hot. I have to turn it off, let it cool and do the *#number, number, number*# thing all over again so the battery lasts longer than 3 minutes. Anyone else having problems with this?

Advertisement

2. JustMe0815

JustMe0815 Newbie
    None

Mar 7, 2011
    i had it since they "fixed" the 3G ....... but its not every day... one day its fine and the other day it gets warm/hot ..... not toooooo hot..... and i do not turn it off, it recovers as soon as i get home to my wifi....

vcanfield likes this.
  3. loumalnati

loumalnati Member
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    I have the issue when it drops 3G...Even though the phone shows a 3G signal, the 3G has actually dropped and it starts to heat up real good. Its better this week. Last week it drained my battery in 1 day without making 1 phone call..

No issues when I get home and I connect it to my Wi-Fi

vcanfield likes this.
  4. vcanfield

vcanfield Lurker
    None

Mar 2, 2011
    I guess it goes bonkers when the 3g drops. I'll just keep an eye on it. Thanks.

5. jcpharm

jcpharm Newbie
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Bergen County, NJ
    mine does too, but i thought it was due to the case i had on it (heat couldn't escape)....never thought about the 3G dropping as a cause....hmmm....

6. KentInPhilly

KentInPhilly Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Yep. Same for me.

I just bought a new case and thought that was the problem at first, and then realized the heat-up seemed to correlate with the 3G being down.

If it's 3PM and I've got about 70% battery life and the phone is cool to the touch, it's a good bet I haven't had any 3G connection problems.

If the battery is at 40% and the phone is hot, I probably am not going to be able to get on the internet.

Tags: