1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Anyone else's reception is worse with evo?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jproxx, Jun 21, 2010.

1. jproxx

jproxx Newbie

Jun 8, 2010
    c.ville - VA
    So i've made the switch from my sprint blackberry to the evo, but my reception is actually worse now then what it was when i had my bb. Places I used to have 3 bars, I now have 1. Anyone else having this issue? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. rsa

rsa Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Dallas, Tx
    Is the reception actually worse or do you just have fewer bars on the screen?

3. archie70

archie70 Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Miami
    Mine has improved quite a bit over my Treo Pro

4. jproxx

jproxx Newbie

Jun 8, 2010
    c.ville - VA
    Both, I drop calls when I used to get perfect service. I'm roaming sometimes when I never did. I would think sprint towers would work the same with any phone? Or does this have to do with band radio?

5. Kelita

Kelita Android Enthusiast

Jun 12, 2010
    Female
    Arizona
    My EVO has better reception than my BB Tour did. In my bedroom, where reception is pretty poor, it went from -102 dBM with mostly roaming or no service on the BB to -94 dBM with full bars on the EVO.

6. Sketchr

Sketchr Android Enthusiast

May 28, 2010
    Male
    This is my first Sprint phone (have iPhone with at&t) so I can't compare, but I have excellent reception. The bars seem to reflect it as well. Always have 4-6 in the house, and 5-6 outside. Not a dropped call or fade out yet.

7. neodorian

neodorian Android Expert

Jan 5, 2010
    Video Producer
    Baltimore, MD
    I have good reception for the most part. The few places where I had poor reception before (video control rooms surrounded by wires) I still have poor reception. Typically I turn on Wifi or just turn the whole thing to airplane mode if I think I will be in there for a long time. Otherwise I am good to go. Wifi seems a little weaker but it works. Wimax is worse than my home Wimax modem but that goes without saying since the phone's Wimax antenna is a tiny thing and it has to run on battery power instead of being plugged into the wall.

Tags: