1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone ever heard of this touchscreen problem?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Noonian Soong, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Noonian Soong

Noonian Soong Lurker

Greetings.

So I have a very bizarre touchscreen problem that started in the middle of the day today.

If the phone is idle and the 'Screen Timeout' becomes active (the screen going black, that is), when I hit either the home button or the power button to bring the screen back on the touchscreen does not respond- AT ALL- other than that all physical buttons on the phone work perfectly fine.

I have to pull the battery out and power back up in order to use the phone again. I have set the screen timeout to 'Never timeout' and so I am able to use the phone for now.

If I hold the power button down and put the phone into sleep mode, it is the same problem when I bring it out of sleep (touchscreen does not respond at all).

So far I have tried:

Removing the SD card.
    Factory Resetting the phone.
    Updating to the latest update.

The phone is not rooted.

Has anyone seen /anything/ like this before? Is there any program that exists to push firmware to the device over USB in an attempt to completely reflash the devices firmware?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

I've not seen that problem with the touch screen.

However, you can use a process commonly called SBF'ing to reflash the phones firmware. Do a search here and in the root section, there are plenty of writeups on how to get all the files you need and configure RSD to flash the phone.

You can start here:
    http://roooler.com/

3. Noonian Soong

Noonian Soong Lurker

Updated to VRZ_MB810_4.5.596_1FF_01. Still no good.

Very sad. Everything else on the phone works perfectly, and this started out of nowhere. Phone wasn't dropped or tampered with in any way.

Anytime the screen dims for any reason (power button, sleep mode, timeout, placing the phone next to your ear during a call), the touchscreen goes out until you pull the battery.

I can only guess that some of the power management hardware flaked out and it does not restore power to the touchscreen after powering it down.

I was hoping someone else had seen this before and had a workaround, but, it appears the phone is now just a parts phone in perfect condition except for whatever board has the power management chip on it. Sigh.

Thanks for pointing me to that site btw :) I have already ordered a new one. Should be here today sometime.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews