1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone experiencing lag when typing on the keyboard?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wmillion, Dec 27, 2009.

1. wmillion

wmillion Lurker

[FONT=&quot]I am experiencing lag and it causing me to the hit space bar and other keys multiple times. Anyone else experiencing this? Is my device defective?[/FONT]

2. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Android Enthusiast

i get lag at times using the compact qwerty. nothin that messes up my words or anything. just sometimes it capitalizes letters that it shouldnt. might just be too fast of a typer.

3. eddieroger

eddieroger Newbie

I get lag where it decides that I held a key longer than I did, bringing up the special character associated to it. I also get it with Menu sometimes, bringing up the keyboard when I didn't intend on using it. The typing lag, the kind you mentioned, got better when I turned off haptic. I imagine it would get better still without the click sound, but I need some feedback that I actually typed something, so that stays on.

4. Turn off the vibration when typing it makes it much quicker.

5. NewbieX2

NewbieX2 Member

I have vibration and sound turned off for typing. I only get lag when in landscape mode. I've grown used to portrait qwerty, though. It's nice.

6. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Well-Known Member

Do you guys have a lot of text messages in your inbox? I delete all my texts once a week (if you have a lot of texts in your inbox, i can cause some major lag)

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews