1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Anyone experiencing lag when typing on the keyboard?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wmillion, Dec 27, 2009.

1. wmillion

wmillion Member

Dec 27, 2009
    [FONT=&quot]I am experiencing lag and it causing me to the hit space bar and other keys multiple times. Anyone else experiencing this? Is my device defective?[/FONT]

Advertisement

2. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    i get lag at times using the compact qwerty. nothin that messes up my words or anything. just sometimes it capitalizes letters that it shouldnt. might just be too fast of a typer.

3. eddieroger

eddieroger Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I get lag where it decides that I held a key longer than I did, bringing up the special character associated to it. I also get it with Menu sometimes, bringing up the keyboard when I didn't intend on using it. The typing lag, the kind you mentioned, got better when I turned off haptic. I imagine it would get better still without the click sound, but I need some feedback that I actually typed something, so that stays on.

4. Saltwater Hero

Saltwater Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    pharmacy manager
    Bonita Springs, FL
    Turn off the vibration when typing it makes it much quicker.

5. NewbieX2

NewbieX2 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I have vibration and sound turned off for typing. I only get lag when in landscape mode. I've grown used to portrait qwerty, though. It's nice.

6. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Do you guys have a lot of text messages in your inbox? I delete all my texts once a week (if you have a lot of texts in your inbox, i can cause some major lag)

Tags: