1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone experiencing long App approvals by Google?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Son Etot, May 4, 2020.

1. Son Etot

Son Etot Lurker

Hi all, new here. I've submitted my app for to Google play just before covid19 stay at home orders in many states back in March and Google approved within 2 days for beta testing. I had to make a slight change at the beginning of April and resubmitted then saw a warning the app verifications may take up to 7 days and possibly longer due covid19. Its been over month now and still no approval on the updated app I submitted. Anyone experiencing long approval times too?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i'm sure this is due to the amount of people google has working for them as this pandemic has put a strain on everyone. i think you just need to be patient and hopefully they will get to you. have you tried to get in touch with google?

3. Nathantu

Nathantu Lurker

#3 Nathantu, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  4. Flappy Thumbs

Flappy Thumbs Newbie

Nowadays everything is late but it can't be helped, not till the COVID will be contained and dealt with. Also please don't foget to share your app with us, we will gladly test it and give you some feedback.

5. sbstorm

sbstorm Newbie

Personally, it take about 3-4 days before my new game get approved. And each time I made an update, it took less than 24h even during the COVID and sometime few hours.

6. snoutholder

snoutholder Lurker

+1 lately. So the first six weeks after Covid, updates seemed to be completely normal as I did like 8 updates during that time. I saw the warning for 7+ days and figured it was for new apps or I was just lucky. Well, now I've had a simple update in there for about a week. The release dashboard says my new update is live, but it clearly isn't because I don't have any crashes, reviews, or anything on it (and I ALWAYS do). Also, I check on Google Play itself and I see the last version release notes. Saying it's live, but not having it live is confusing and making me wonder if I should ship another update or sit tight. Also, and this might be unrelated, my store experiment is not gathering data (experimenting with different screenshots). I've done tons of experiments and never seen this happen.