1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone experiencing wifi issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by olufadi1, Aug 29, 2011.

1. olufadi1

olufadi1 Lurker

I noticed that I don't get the best wifi signal on my droid 3. If I'm sitting down in one location. The connection is stable, but once I get up and walk at work signal goes in and out. I am coming from a palm pre plus that kept wifi signal well in my building.

I noticed someone mentioned a few problems with encrypted networks at universities, but I was wondering if more people were experiencing this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. littlestereo

littlestereo Lurker

I got the D3 about a week ago and I've been having similar wifi problems although I can't get any 3g service. I've seen the 3G icon a few times (very rarely) but overall I've found I've had very poor service everywhere with 1x barely showing up and 2 bars being the norm. I'm thinking it might be a defective antennae but I'm going to reset and root it to see if that will correct the problems. I had a D2 previously with killer service on the same college campus (MSU) which has some of the best Verizon coverage in the country so I know it's specific to the D3.

I have problems holding a connection to the networks, just in general the network management from the D3 off the factory is very very poor. Hopefully the cyanogen mod will drop soon and everything will be OK

3. littlestereo

littlestereo Lurker

Well after last nights over-the-air update my phones been running great. It holds signal and stays connected to networks, It also has 3G!!! Yay!!! So unfortunately sir, it looks like your wifi problems are exclusive.

Motorola Droid 3 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews