• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone feel like they can tackle this?

youdoofus

Android Expert
Feb 26, 2011
so dak
Im having one hell of a time finding any info on this device. I know its a cheapo device and all, but a buddy of mine effed his up and gave it to me to try n fix it. It boots just fine, but when it tries to load the home screen, it fc's and goes to a black screen. I cant get to a bootloader, nor recovery, otherwise id just flash on a galaxytab rom and see what happens. He handed it to me in a non working state and now it has some responsiveness of the touch screen, but i cant do anything with it from there the black screen left from the fc'd home screen. Im thinking that id hafta adb into it to wipe the caches and install a launcher to make any progress, but im not sure... Any advice would be appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones