• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone Find Good Pouch/Holster Option?

DGalt

Android Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2009
Anyone find a decent holster/pouch for their droid? Most of the ones out there seem to use magnets, which I've read is a bad idea.

I want one that at least somewhat protects the corners so that I can take the hard shell (Body Glove) off (although I think I'm going to get one of the invisible shields for it).

Suggestions?

I went with the "Leather Side Pouch" from VZW website using free shipping. This is PDASDPCH6 which is different from the ugly plastic looking "Leather Pouch" which is also in the stores (MOTA855CAS).

It is a velcro flap. It feels slimmer and not as bulky as the holster I've been using for the Palm 700w and Samsung i760. It's rather comfortable.

Upvote 0
I went with the "Leather Side Pouch" from VZW website using free shipping. This is PDASDPCH6 which is different from the ugly plastic looking "Leather Pouch" which is also in the stores (MOTA855CAS).

It is a velcro flap. It feels slimmer and not as bulky as the holster I've been using for the Palm 700w and Samsung i760. It's rather comfortable.
Is there a link to that? I can't find it on their site.

Upvote 0
When I bought my droid I just dropped it in the Cellet leather holster I had been using for my Treo 700. It does have magnets, but if I insert the droid with the screen facing the magnets, it doesn't activate the car/dock modes. This model Cellet is a bit wide for the droid but it suits me just fine.

Upvote 0
I bought the leather Eddie Bauer universal from the boys in blue. It does have a magnetic lock, but the case is thick enough that it doesn't mess with the phone. The only issues I have are sometimes touching the phone to the magnet when I put it away, and the holes don't line up to any of the plugs. Not really a deal breaker for me and it's a pretty good holster.

Upvote 0
For those of us that like the 'industrial look' you can use one of these tuff "RipOff" holsters.. These are popular with Law Enforcement and Firefighters.

The belt clips are bullet proof.. the nylon is heavy stitched..

Welcome to the Ripoffs division of US Armor

2009-11-13%2011.22.28.jpg

QPIsuDwsmR_qbfT0aog0SQ

Upvote 0
I just bought the Seidio premium horizontal leather case (which they claim supports the blackberry sleeper function) which means it has a magnet for that and for closure. They claim to have tested it with a Motorola Droid and stated that it has no issues with keeping the phone awake. Seidio makes great products and if it causes me issues they have a good return policy. We'll see how it goes.

Upvote 0
Right now I am using the god-awful Body Glove case and having to take it off everytime I put the Droid into the home docking cradle. I fear having to do it because I'm always afraid of ripping the entire phone in half because of those latches the BG case has on it.

Same here. It's a definite inconvenience, but I preferred the body glove over the pouches they had in-store. Hopefully, a good looking third-party maker will come around w/ some options.

Upvote 0
I hate cases and pouches. I'm waiting for SOMEONE to come out with a good belt clip. The click kind, not the "let put a button on the back of your phone and let the thing swing around when you are walking type".

You would think with the car clip out, someone could make something!

One good thing about the Body Glove is that, while you can turn the phone on it's clip, it secures into the vertical or horizontal positioning, depending on preference.

Upvote 0
I went to a kiosk in the local mall and picked up an Ultra Fit belt clip leather holster. It is made for the Samsung M800 and has magnets. The phone fits very snug and the magnets in the pouch do not activate the dock magnets. The holster is made with some cloth to block the magnets. I am very happy with this holster.

Upvote 0
RIGHT this is a really nice product. This is one I am using now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones