• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone from the new 4G markets getting the signal?

I am from Rochester, I am actually the store manager of the Sprint store in Gates. I live in Greece, I have 4G service in my house, was also at 2 other homes in Greece and I had 1 bar of 4G service. We also get 1 bar at the Sprint store, but because of the building construction, it fluctuates between 1 & 0. Walk outside and I have 2 bars on my phone. It might take them a month to get some areas dialed in once people start using the 4G.

Good to know, I PM you. May be you can help me in getting one... :D

Upvote 0
edit for me being ******ed

how is NY???

whats your speed test result for 3g?

I still don't have the phone, planning on getting one soon, I have a blackberry and want to get rid of it. I called the area's Best Buys and they have some white ones in stock, but I won't have time to go there today. As soon as I get it I will post the dl speed.

Upvote 0
I'm in Eugene, OR, and I've been through major parts of town, and for the most part I get no 4G signal at all. When I do, it's 0-1 bars, and the speeds may peak at 2.5Mb, but just as often, they float around .7Mb, and my 3g is consistent around 1.1Mb. I sure hope that it gets better, because Eugene is supposed to have very strong signals.

Upvote 0
IN Yakima & Tri-Cities WA - confirmed both! 2mb down steadily here in Tri-Cities, WA.

I'm from Portland, OR and we have awesome 4G (just bragging, I know :)) While traveling near Hermiston/Umatilla I was able to pick up two bars on my 4G signal. I was surprised to see 4G there since Tri-Cities is about 15-20 miles away.

I'm in Wala Walla today, but as expected, there's no 4G signal that I can pick up. I doubt there are any towers here yet, but hopefully soon. I come here regular for business/family and I would love to have 4G.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones