1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone get a stable root on this Boost S2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CheleCity, Jul 11, 2013.

1. CheleCity

CheleCity Newbie

Anyone get a stable root with this Boost S2? I have been trying with a new s2 for about a week, but never could get the phone to stop eventually getting into a reboot loop. Just curious if others have had success. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

I have been rooted for quite a long time and never have any issues with that.

3. Doc

Doc Android Expert

One thing on mine was when I first flashed GC01 it did the same thing, did the boot loop stuff, but what I did was, after I did the no data GC01 and it starts the boot loop and this is something that happens every once and awhile on other roms, is I just did a data wipe/factory reset and then reboot and it fixed that problem, give it a try, it should work for ya....:)

CheleCity likes this.
  4. CheleCity

CheleCity Newbie

Wouldn't that be the same thing as just flashing the full restore GC01, or no?

5. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

When you got your phone originally did it come with GC01 or did you or the store upgrade to it? I know that if you were on ICS I would have recommended a full restore when going to JB.

CheleCity likes this.
  6. CheleCity

CheleCity Newbie

Yes, it was ICS when purchased. I upgraded via the links on the Boost site and then several days later performed the no data root via Odin3 which gave the yellow triangle. I then flashed again later with no data root Odin one click.

7. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

I know it sounds like a pain, but it really isn't all that, esp if you have your contacts synced with a Google account. A true clean One click restore install or wipe (factory reset) would be a good thing. Google-Play remembers any apps you have already purchased so you can just download them again once you put your account info back in. and copy pics/mp3's to an external SD or PC before you do.

8. CheleCity

CheleCity Newbie

Yeah, I know. It just takes time. And some things like SMS, and sometimes pictures if not set correctly, voice recordings, etc., sometimes get stored in phone. It just takes time to verify and save.

I know this is off topic, but is there a way to tell phone to save SMS on card not internally?

9. NosTraDomus

NosTraDomus Well-Known Member

i think it was GO SMS that did that. might have been pro

10. HiredxGunz

HiredxGunz Guest

I use SMS backup & restore. Gives the option to save to external SD
    I usually recommend backing things from internal memory to dropbox or Mega :]

Codegerm and Doc like this.
  11. CheleCity

CheleCity Newbie

Went ahead and flashed full restore root. Everything seems stable. Thanks for all the help. Can you recommend the best root hotspot app? Thanks again.

Doc likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews