1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Anyone get Notifier Pro to work with the stock email client?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dylane, Jan 21, 2013.

1. dylane

dylane Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    I was using NP with Touchdown and things were working just fine. I've now switched to the stock client, which I like better than TD in a number of ways, but I can't get NP to alert me to new emails. I've gone into settings and made sure that Email Notifications is checked (both for regular mail as well as priority senders, but still no notification). I also went into NP settings and deselected all notifications except for a handful of apps I actively use. Any other options to try before I contact the developer?

Advertisement

2. dylane

dylane Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    This is a confirmed issue with the stock Samsung email client (seems to be an issue on original Note and SIII also). There seems to be problems with just about any app that tries to use accessibility services.

You can read more about it here and here.

In the meantime I'm looking for a third party email client for Exchange email. I've tried out Touchdown already and liked it, but there are a few issues that make me reluctant to use it as my main mail client. Any other clients with support for Exchange available (seems like the popular clients like K-9 and others are just for POP3 and IMAP)

3. JamboneMan

JamboneMan Newbie
    None

Jan 9, 2013
    I also use Touchdown and love it. I like the calander and contact sync that can be a pain.

4. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 25, 2012
    Wow. This is the question of ALL questions.

Trust me, the developer is aware that his software does not work with the stock email client on the Samsung S3, Note 2....and I suspect...other phones.

The developer has been under fire for several months to try and find a fix for the problem. I give him credit -- he has tried -- but in the end, it has something to do with Samsung's coding that the software author has been unable to solve.

I can't speak for the software author. I can only relate my personal interactions with him over the past several months.

In the end, I gave up. I switched over to Aqua Mail, and fortunately, Notifier Pro works with that client.