• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone get the update to 4.3 for Nexus phones?

Think its Google Services Framework (?) Find it in app manager, clear data then check again for update.
I think how it works is giving your device a another chance of being in the current staged rollout. so keep clearing data then trying.
It could be an android myth though lol but its a well known one :thumbup:

Reactions: nickdalzell
Upvote 0
updates roll out when they roll out. just how it goes. Even carrier update and PRL pushes can take weeks between different users with the same phone and carrier. I used to get updates three weeks later than other people in the same forum.

Is this Multi-profile thing STILL just for tablets? Do the creators of this features not have kids of their own!? Often I am out somewhere (or even home) and my kids want to play games on my PHONE. I'd love to be able to have a profile for them on my PHONE so I don't have to worry about them getting into my email, facebook, buying stuff in the app store, etc.

Yeah aside from what Rxpert83 mentioned about custom ROMs no user love for the phones yet.

And I think that google engineer answer is kind of a cop out. Parents especially would find something like that useful(my kid grabs my phone and goes walking around the house pretending he's talking to people, playing with camera and stuff, etc). Having a user profile I could just switch to, blocking internet and root acess and some other stuff would keep from worrying about him deleting the 500 pics I have of him on there, lol. If you could have one setup with airplane mode, root, and other priveldges blocked that'd be great. I'm also perfectly capabale of not being worried about calls for a half hour or so. i think I know better than google if I need to get calls constantly.

Plus, doesn't the GSM nexus 7 come with users? I've only been around Wifi ones.

EDIT:
It'd be especially useful after stuff like that kid who just bought a CAR off ebay on his/her dad's phone.(which has happened more than once, but was on the news just the other day, so i remembered it).

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones