• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone get the update

thanx for the reference fishbear, but i'm not rooted yet. i'm waiting for the 2.2 update before i make that leap, and just dealing with verizon's crap until then. soon... soon... soon...
you can always run the v6 downgrade and apply the stock recovery. you have nothing to fear and you can revert to stock at anytime. i ran the vzb roooted dexo rom then velocity .2 rom finaly the v4 oc kernel and my phone runs better than my gf's droid which is overclocked to 1.1ghz. verizon will never help you lol. :D

Upvote 0
I have a rooted factory image on my Ally

SW Version: VS740ZV8
Firmware; 2.1 -update1

I was under the impression from a previous post on this forum that if i rooted the stock image the update for Froyo should work. I understand this isn't Froyo, so I am just curious if this update took.

I did remove factory Amazon, Facebook, CrySpace, and other apps I don't use.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

Firmware; 2.1 -update1

I was under the impression from a previous post on this forum that if i rooted the stock image the update for Froyo should work. I understand this isn't Froyo, so I am just curious if this update took.

Thanks in advance!

The update is VS740ZVB.

Make sure you doulbe check cause the B fooled me at first and i thought it was an 8 when i looked on my phone.

Upvote 0

Firmware; 2.1 -update1

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, the original post sounded bitter. Let me try again.

If you remove certain stock apps, the update (series of patches) will fail to install.

(Sorry for the way it sounded at first, I've posted this so many times now...)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones