1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

anyone get update with dumb dot to hide navbar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BAYFISHER, Jul 15, 2017.

1. BAYFISHER

BAYFISHER Well-Known Member

s8...many have dot to hide navbar...wth is the update. those who know will answer

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

I would suggest uninstalling that game or app if it's causing your device issues because there seems to be a incompatibility issue with it in the program. No sense in trying to fix something that you have totally no control of especially on a high-end device such as yours.

3. BAYFISHER

you're not on point.navbar is bar for navigation. some got update added a dot on bar to hide navbar. nothing related to gaming

4. smurph1

smurph1 Android Enthusiast

This function has been their all time, maybe you have turned it on/off by mistake, i do, and don't like it!

5. BAYFISHER

It is not turned off and never had it. It only comes to those who got update for it .😠

6. K Rize

K Rize Android Enthusiast

Not really understanding your question

#6 K Rize, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  7. K Rize

K Rize Android Enthusiast

What about it do you want to know? Screenshot_20170720-194817.png Screenshot_20170720-194905.png

8. BAYFISHER

Screenshot_20170721-085056[268]hhhhhh.png i take it youre on tmobile of which only ones with dot to hide nav bar. even if my ATT DEVICE DONT GET IT, I still have ability to hide both status and navbar,, or still change colors on navbar. the dot would be nice.

#8 BAYFISHER, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  9. BAYFISHER

Screenshot_20170721-084554[267]22.png i got july patch and updated my baseband

10. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Well I wouldn't say it's dumb. It's actually a nice feature. And to answer your original question it's exactly what it says on the tin. You press the dot and it hides the nav bar. So instead of having the nav bar at the bottom constantly while using apps you press the dot and then you have full screen. Then if you want your nav bar you swipe up from the bottom.

11. BAYFISHER

There is no dot because art didn't send that update yet .

12. Shotgun84

Sorry I thought you were asking what it was. Maybe I misunderstood your question. Then I have no idea why you haven't received the update yet. Different carriers release different things at different times so you'll get it eventually. Maybe ask your carrier when they expect t release.

13. BAYFISHER

UNLOCKED S8 PLUS, ATT DEVICE. I GOT ONE UPDATE YESTERDAY AND ITS CURRENT. ALL OTHER ATT PEOPLE HAVENT GOTTEN IT. MATTER OF FACT, IM NOT SUPPOSE TO GET OTA FROM ATT BECAUSE IM WITH STRAIGHT TALK. BUT I STILL GOT ATT UPDATES.

14. Shotgun84

No need to shout at me, I was only trying to help. If you've already got the latest update for your device then you'll have to wait until the next update is released.

15. BAYFISHER

i dont hear shouting, btw I CAN SEE WHAT I TYPE, JUST DEal with not everyone types the way you like.

16. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Typing in all Caps implies shouting, that's why he thought you were shouting is all ;)

17. BAYFISHER

i always type IN CAPS TO SEE. IT SUITS ME FINE, thank you. he could have replied to that.

18. Shotgun84

I would have replied to it but I was asleep making it a bit hard. Yeah as Mikestony said I thought you were shouting because all capitals is the text version of shouting.

19. BAYFISHER

ITS HOW I TYPE AND HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS BECAUSE I CAN SEE IT.

20. Shootr

Shootr Well-Known Member

This thread is full of lulz...Reminds me of any movie with a deaf crotchety old guy that yells at the world.

I like the dot, though just noticed it yesterday. If I'm switching apps and working I leave the nav bar visible, then hide it when done. Something about reaping the benefits of every millimeter of screen space that I paid for.

21. BAYFISHER

youre NOT ON ATT, thats why you got it.

22. BAYFISHER

no one has said thier carrier. LET ME SHOUT, IM ON ATT DEVICE AND THERES NO UPDATE FOR THE NAV BAR TO HIDE NAV BAR.

23. BAYFISHER

24. BAYFISHER

THIS IS MY SHOT WITH BASEBAND, my baseband is current with july on att device

Screenshot_20170729-183059.png

25. Shotgun84

So you can't see the second half of that then? I'd believe you weren't shouting at me until you pick and choose your important bits :rolleyes:

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews