1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Anyone getting the Thunderbolt to get one last oneyear contract?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by gwlaw99, Apr 11, 2011.

1. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Android Expert
    None

Nov 1, 2009
    The end of one year contracts puts me in a big dilemma. My droid works but the screen is cracked and I want a new phone. Do I:

1. Get a Thunderbolt for $320 on a one year contract and sell it in 10 months for a more powerful phone. Downside: I really would like a phone with a super amoled+ screen and dual core would be a bonus.

2. Wait for the Samsung Droid Charge and get a two year contract and be stuck with an already 8 month old cpu/gpu for the next two years.

3. Wait for the bionic with a locked bootloader and perhaps a lousy pentile matrix screen.

4. Wait six more months for the phone I really want: the Galaxy S2.

I am leaning toward 1 or 4. If I go with 1, then it will be an extra 4 months until I can get the phone I want. If I go with 4 then I have to keep the Droid for 6 more months.

Advertisement

2. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 1, 2011
    Yup...I bought the t-bolt just to get unlimited LTE and will buy the Galaxy S2 full price when it comes out and hang on to that one.

3. dm33

dm33 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    Too late. 1-yr contract already history on the website. You may still be able to get the $320/1-yr rate at telesales and in a store.

In my case, because of my employer, the website had been showing me $240 for a 1-yr. I was waiting for the Charge, never imagining the 1-yr option would suddenly disappear.

Not a happy camper.

4. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    Champs Sports
    West Pittston, PA
    If you go with 1, you say it'll be an extra 4 months until you can get the phone you want, but any money says by the time your 1 year contract is up (if you get the thunderbolt), there will be something right around the corner that you want way more, anyways :D