1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

anyone good with themeing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chucksaysblah, Oct 3, 2014.

1. chucksaysblah

chucksaysblah Android Enthusiast

I want to make the weather widget transparent. Is it as easy as making a transparent image for every image in the res folders? Naming it the same as what is there and recompiling the apk?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

I don't know about that, but I know it is as easy as using a different weather app.

3. chucksaysblah

Yeah I just want to use the stock one. My friend had a lg g2 with a transparent stock widget andit still has the animations just no back ground image. Thats what i want. But our widget is not sizeable and theres is so it will not install on our phone.

4. whoshotjr2006

whoshotjr2006 Android Enthusiast

You can look in donjuros zv4 ROM zip and find the apks related to weather widgets, and its as simple as using 7zip to open the apk and look around and change things.

I can't tell you what to change but its most likely going to be in the res folder in the apk. I'll take a look and see what happens when I can but don't let that stop you from trying the above lol.

5. chucksaysblah

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Back in the old days of the optimus v I changed the status bar from white to black by unpacking the framework apk and changing the png files

6. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

I don't r really understand why you want to bother with the stock widget at all, but be aware that there is a theme apk for the weather widget. What you need to change may be in there.

donjuro likes this.
  7. whoshotjr2006

here you go, transparent weather theme. i dont have any screenshots, but it worked for me.

copy Transparent-LGWeatherTheme.apk to your sdcard, rename it to LGWeatherTheme.apk, move it using a root explorer to /system/app, change the permissions of the apk to rw-r-r, and reboot. You should be good from there.

Lemme know if you have any issues, I think i got everything themed right but i might have missed something.

Transparent-LGWeatherTheme

(had to use mediafire to upload, kept getting errors uploading here)

chucksaysblah likes this.
  8. chucksaysblah

I will roll back to v3 and grab root and then test it out. I just did the v4 update to try it out and see how much smoother it was . Dont wanna do it again today lol.

9. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Android Expert

Yes it is, i used to be a themer for chicken tits mod.
    And all i actually did was extract pngs and then replace them with any zip file opener. Like winrar and 7zip.
    I used paint.net to change and edit images.
    I can make a zip file of the add ons i used. And still use.

10. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

You guys think you can change the battery icon to an animated circle one that shows percentage?

11. whoshotjr2006

I can take a look and see if its within my realm of possibilities. I'm not a themer but if I can find an example to work from I'm sure I could do it. I'll post it if I find something out.

12. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

You can do that with GravityBox

13. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Android Expert

its possible to change it to a circle with the percentage..
    just need the... man it has been a long time.. i think the framework-jar i forgot. lol

14. chucksaysblah

ok this works until the weather status changes to sunny. then the background turns white. any ideas?

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews