• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone got their T-Bolt wet yet?

AustinTech

Android Enthusiast
Feb 22, 2011
Alpharetta, GA (ATL)
My wife just called and said that our two year old little girl climbed onto our bathroom counter and grabbed her t-bolt with a wet hand. The phone stopped working. My daughter didn't drop it or get it in water, just picked it up with a wet hand. When my wife tried to restart the phone, it wouldn't restart. She took out the battery, put it back in, and now the phone won't start, it just sits on the HTC white boot-up screen for minutes.

I advised the wife to take off the back cover and battery and let the phone dry. Any other advice? Comforting stories? :(

FYI - the wetness indicator on the battery is still fine - no wetness showing.

I had that happen on my blackberry in the past. Accidently held it with wet hands and the entire keyboard stopped responding. However, I could answer calls and use maybe 1 or two buttons. As the days past, the functionality of each button slowly returned one by one and after a day or two, everything returned back to normal. Now as for a touchscreen phone like the tbolt . . . not so sure. I would give it at least a day or two. If that doesn't solve the problem, just call the warranty center and tell them your tbolt just didn't work anymore. There's now ay they can prove it's been tampered by water because it hasn't :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones