• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone have a Cricket Indulge?

Hi everyone,

I'm not seeing a lot of talk about Cricket's Indulge. I saw one of k0nane's post on the all things root section that the Cricket and Metro versions are different.

I also see that we can root, but it's difficult to track any progress on the Cricket specific phone. Is there any way to split the Metro and Cricket Indulges into their own forums (sorry if this is already done, but I'm not seeing it)?

So does anyone have Cricket's version and do you like it? I'm wanting to get one, but I'm also wondering if our version has the same battery issues. I realize it's a new phone, and pretty pricey, so maybe not many people have it yet. But I'm interested in replacing my underpowered Ascend with something more capable and just doing a bit of research. I also want to stay on top of any developments.

Thanks for any help!

Yes, I have a Cricket Indulge. It's not rooted yet, seeing as I don't know if I should take that next step quite yet as I am still exploring the phone. I have had it for 3 1/2 weeks and it is quite a massive upgrade (from my crappy Verizon LG Dare). It is the fastest phone to date @ Cricket. I haven't had issues with battery life. Although, I am very particular with keeping it fully charged. On heavy use, it does drain the battery. But the less time the display is on, the more charge it will hold (as that is with any phone). 3G doesn't take that much charge away.The reason it was a big let down on MetroPCS is the 4G took battery life away very fast and well Cricket is 3G so you don't have to worry. I live in MD and service seems pretty good so far. I actually got a pretty great deal on it because the cricket store employee screwed up the pricing when I was buying lol. Came to $301 with the in-store deal plus the screw up. He made it $229 instead of $299 so that was a loss on them. But all in all I was going to pay whatever price anyway. Definitely worth the buy considering how fast it is. I will say this... I am keeping this phone for probably more than 3/4 years lol. It does everything I need it to do. Hope this helps. Trust me though, I have watched many videos on the Indulge for MetroPCS and read many reviews. It is a great thing I finally considered to use the money to buy it.

Upvote 0
There has been questions about making a separate forum or sub forum for Crickets R915, but its not going to happen. On thread topics there will be a R915 for anything Cricket Indulge related and R910 for MetroPcs. Nontheless they are similar, just dont try to do one of those custom roms thats meant for the R910.

As far as battery, I noticed that it seems to lose battery more than it shows. For example, I could charge it to 100%, disconnect it use it on and off and the battery meter shows fully charged. Ill plug it back in and it will show that its at 83%. 80-60% for when a 'bar' of battery has depleted. I found that rather weird but then again this is my first Samsung phone and my second droid phone but first most functional android compared to Crickets Zio.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones